The Cradle is a 100-year-old not-for-profit, non-sectarian adoption agency, providing lifelong support to individuals and families touched by adoption. As we enter our second century, The Cradle is focused on deepening impact and increasing our relevance in the community. With that goal, we are expanding post adoption therapeutic services and are seeking a full-time Therapist to join our team.
Are you a clinician trained in delivering strengths-based approaches to improve and enhance family functioning with children, adolescents, adults, and families? If you have a foundation in grief and loss, trauma and attachment, The Cradle will invest in you and provide additional education on adoption topics to enhance your skills to work with this special population. The ideal candidate will have flexibility to work weekdays, and a minimum of two evenings and/or weekends to accommodate client needs.
- Provide individual and family therapy using established interventions to address issues related to trauma, loss, identity, and adoption.
- Hold in-person and telehealth (as appropriate) therapy sessions.
- Conduct assessments, develop treatment plans, maintain client records in Therapy Notes.
- Complete documentation within established timeframes.
- Facilitate client workshops and groups.
- Participate in individual and peer supervision/case consultations.
- Maintain good standing with licensing and insurance entities.
- Stay current with updated research and best practices in clinical field.
- Safeguard client information per HIPAA standards; maintain client and agency confidentiality at all times.
The Cradle Provides
- Office space for client appointments.
- Laptop for Telehealth appointments and client documentation.
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Administrative support for client billing.
- Credentialing assistance.
- Robust marketing support.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Master’s degree in mental health field and hold a valid Illinois professional license (LCSW/LCPC/LMFT).
- Three or more years of post-graduate experience.
- Two years of experience in adoption or child welfare (preferred).
- Training and/or certification in an attachment-focused/trauma-informed specialty (preferred).
- Maintain a caseload of a minimum of 18 clients per week.
- Provide high quality, compassionate, culturally competent, a
nd ethical treatment to clients.
- Work collaboratively with Cradle teammates, including, but not limited to other clinical team members, administrative personnel, and appropriate community contacts.
- Commitment to The Cradle’s vision, mission, and values.
- Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Must have flexibility to work weekdays, plus a minimum of two evenings per week, and/or weekends to accommodate client needs.
- Staff must be fully vaccinated, have at least one booster shot, and be willing to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status.
- All staff are required to undergo a background check, fingerprinting, and medical exam to meet DCFS requirements.