ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work with all disciplines to ensure that resident will receive care required.
• Work with director of nursing (DON) and director of rehabilitation (DOR) to ensure that ECH care protocols are appropriate and followed.
• Work with admissions during the pre-screening process to ensure that only residents for whom we can provide adequate care are admitted to ECH.
• Manage the MDS schedule to ensure all services are appropriately captured for maximum reimbursement.
• Assess the skills and educational needs of staff regarding proper documentation. Communicate with the nurse managers to provide needed training for staff.
• Complete chart audits and inform staff members of required corrections.
• Update and instruct team members/staff on any MDS changes.
• Maintain current educational skills and competencies.
• Working closely with nurse manager and all disciplines lead and guide the MDS preparation process to achieve a maximum case mix index and maximum New York State Medicaid revenue.
• Prepare monthly reports for quality improvement team, as requested.
• Respond to emergency situations according to established Church Home disaster plan.
• On call coverage on a rotating basis as deemed necessary for the nursing department.
• Comply with and contribute to required facility in-services. Prepare monthly reports for quality improvement team, as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communication and teaching skills. Excellent organizational skills.
Proficient in knowledge of MDS, PPS and New York State reimbursement methodology. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and computer skills. Experienced in interdisciplinary team care plan process protocol. Must be certified/competent in adult CPR. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Registered nurse with current license. AANAC certified in MDS preparation.
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of recent experience in a long term care or health care facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires prolonged sitting, and occasional walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors, in a normal office environment. Employee may be exposed to temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: The employee has no direct responsibility for others.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Church Home. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.