As a Recovery Care Coordinator (RCC), you will be at the forefront of Contessa’s highly innovative care model that allows patients who are clinically appropriate to have the option to receive acute care in the comfort of their own homes in lieu of an inpatient setting. As a Recovery Care Coordinator, you will be fully integrated into the clinical teams at our health system partner working directly with patients and the clinical teams on the floor of the hospital and telephonically from an office setting.
This role offers the unique opportunity to work directly with the patient and their providers for a full 30 days. This allows you, the RCC, to not only coordinate their recovery from the acute illness but also develop the deep relationships with patients needed to successfully engage them with the resources they’ll need to improve their health and quality of life.
As a Recovery Care Coordinator, you will leverage Contessa’s proprietary workflow platform, advanced telehealth technology, and our interdisciplinary network of doctors, nurses, social workers, and ancillary providers to improve the health and well-being of patients and ease the burden on caretakers.
Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced start-up culture at an organization leading the country in redefining the way we care for patients that typically would be treated in the hospital setting. You must exhibit boundless empathy, unwavering integrity, and a willingness to go above and beyond to do what is best for patients, their families, and physician partners. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on people’s lives and be a part of shaping an innovative space in the health care industry.
• Facilitates communication and coordination between all members of the care team to coordinate admissions.
• Coordinate referrals and appropriate resources to assist patient and/or caregiver in continuation of care in the outpatient setting.
• Generates operational quality reports and presents updates on to our partners’ physicians and nurses.
• Maintains all required documentation in all interactions with our health systems’ patients and the care team.
• Manages operational workflows.
• Provides prompt, courteous, and excellent service to internal and external customers.
• Interacts with the patient and the multidisciplinary team to coordinate the services ordered by our partners’ physicians. Communicates to the appropriate providers about any barriers to the patients’ fulfillment of our partner provider’s Care Plan.
• Communicates discharge information to other clinical departments or members of the Care Team.
• Watches for trends and hurdles involved in health care system and incorporates operational solutions for system challenges, including patient, family and physician responses into an evolving process and model that increases quality and satisfaction– patient or physician.
• Builds and maintains collaborative professional working relationships with physicians, Medical Directors, clinicians, and community at large to develop and implement a successful cross-continuum care management.
• Monitors the care that the patient receives and brings it to the attention of a provider.
• Assists as needed in recruiting, client and community outreach and critical incident/incident/complaint management.
• Education: ASN – Associate of Science in Nursing, BSN Preferred
• Licensure: Current, active RN licensure in good standing
• Experience: 3-5 years of acute care experience. Possess a general knowledge of clinical standards and outcome measurement
• Work Schedule: Hiring for M-F: 8-4 and 2-10 , weekend rotations on-call ( outbound calls from home, does not need to travel to office)
Qualifications (Desired but not required):
• Certification: Care Coordination and Transition Management (C.C.C.T.M)
• Regional knowledge: Prefer knowledge of the Pittsburgh region
• Ability to provide superior customer service; every operational decision needs to be made with the patient in mind. Patient safety is our number one priority.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain written records and reports. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
• Exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills and proper judgment when dealing with provider partners, staff and patients.
• Ability to predict needs as best as possible and bring those to the attention of a provider to stay one step ahead of the patient’s care.
• Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals. A positive outlook and a can-do attitude is a must.
• Enjoys working within teams; dependable in both productivity and attendance. Flexible and willing to share on-call after hours with other Recovery Care Coordinators is required.
• Ability to consistently communicate with teammates; open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on all commitments.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.