Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
This position is a hybrid role with a heavy focus on analytics and data management paired with project management responsibilities. This role reports to the VP, of HR Operations and will be deeply involved in organizational-wide projects and initiatives including Mergers & Acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaison between assigned internal/external customer groups (i.e. Business Leaders, HR Leadership, Division HR Representatives, Functional Leaders, Third Party Vendors, etc.) and IT Team for reporting requests.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and dashboards to support internal and external data requests.
- Lead the definition logic for reports and develop a standard reporting process.
- Responsible for creating reporting requirements documentation.
- Partner with IT in the development of HR datasets and dashboards
- Develop user-accessible analytics including but not limited to headcount, turnover, diversity & inclusion, and other key performance indicators to facilitate organization reporting needs utilizing HR dashboards.
- Lead special projects in the HR Space, which may include ownership of the work plan, timelines, communication with stakeholders, and monitoring execution.
- Provide support to the team on larger projects such as Mergers & Acquisitions by assisting in preparation and organization or by overseeing smaller parts of the project.
- Manage ad hoc requests and development of the HR strategic calendar to ensure alignment on priority projects.
- Key contributor to the definition of the reporting processes including recommendations for improvements regarding document specifications, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems reports, and procedures for HR application users to ensure efficient business processes and continuous improvement.
- Assist and support strategic policies that ensure the accuracy and integrity of HR Data.
- Manage problems of various scopes where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors; exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; recommend/manage changes to existing procedures and practices based on analysis of existing HR applications and other downstream application data.
- Ensures accuracy of data through data defect audits and data validation methods to identify discrepancies and missing data.
- Develop various ad-hoc reports to support HR activities as required.
- Develop and deliver user reporting training as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of corporate data analytics experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience implementing and/or supporting large HR strategic initiatives.
- Working knowledge of core HR/payroll systems, HR policies, and processes.
- Consultative approach to working with internal customers
- Strong knowledge of global HR data practices and legal requirements.
- Experience with HR Data, reporting, and project management
- Advanced MS Office skills particularly in MS Access and Excel, (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, formulas, filtering, and Macros). Visio Project, and Access.
- Proven abilities with data analytics and the maintenance of confidential information
- Experience with Paylocity
- Prior M&A project management experience
- PMP certification
- Broad and in-depth understanding of human resources policies and processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office working environment and open site environment with materials and machinery.
- This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.