The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) transforms the lives of children and their families by providing access to education for at-risk students at the lowest poverty levels. The Director of Development is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director, responsible for cultivating and securing contributions from donors to meet annual fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote fundraising programs in the community to increase awareness and understanding.
- Meet donors individually or in group settings, in person or by phone, to promote CEF and acquire gifts.
- Oversee the operation of major giving and annual giving programs to meet established goals.
- Provide program updates to the Executive Director and CEF Board of Directors.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with donors/prospects; track success in donor database.
- Assist other CEF fundraising activities to ensure CEF’s overall success.
- Supervise one administrative staff position.
- Undergraduate degree in non-profit, business development or similar field, with a minimum of five (5) five successful years in fundraising or corporate sales.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Non-profit fundraising and development experience is a strong plus.
- Direct experience working with volunteer leaders.