Position: Application Support Specialist
Salary Range: $50,000 – 60,000
Business Unit: Research, Policy & Innovation
Department: Information Management Services
Reports To: Manager, Information Services
Posted: 7/17/2019 – 7/31/2019
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Information Services, ensuring that the needs of program and provider users are met by developing tools fundamental to case management system operations that support subcontractors, and internal staff need for tracking customers, programs, services and outcomes. The Application Support Specialist will use the case management software design tools to modify existing or develop custom forms, dashboards, workflows, and reports. This individual will be responsible to develop a tool to track and document changes and enhancements to software. Maintain a strong relationship with all programs and providers, ensuring that all manual and imported data is accurate and entered timely. Analyze data, identify and report anomalies and trends. Manage the help desk ticketing system within the software, perform root cause analysis, document and resolve each issue, escalating when necessary. Provide technical support and documentation for trending issues.
- Collaborate with Manager and Operations staff to ensure all programmatic data requirements are met in the data systems. This includes data elements to be captured and reporting data to meet program, provider and data analysis and tracking needs.
- Create and configure workflows that tie forms and assessments together to ensure that data is collected in a consistent and quality manner.
- Design forms to track programs, services and outcomes within software.
- Create rules directly in the system to identify an individual’s eligibility to programs, referrals, and services.
- Access every data element in the solution to run advanced query capabilities such as sub-queries, SQL expressions, etc.
- Create custom dashboards for end users that include any information designed by the ClientTrack Form Designer, ClientTrack Reports, or charts resulting from ClientTrack Query Designer queries.
- Provide user support and coordinate technical troubleshooting; escalates to software vendor when needed. Documents helpdesk contacts, issues, solutions, and best practices.
- Project Manage initiatives from start to finish. Provide alternate tracking solutions when needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the software vendor and PWI end users.
- Establish a repository for prepared documentation to track enhancements and modifications.
- Support trainers in developing and writing the training programs. Provide input to content i.e. text and handouts.
- Prepare reports for management and partnering agencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s or Associates’ degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Computer Science, Information Management, or another quantitative field with at least 2 years’ case management software experience.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Skills & Qualifications
- Considerable knowledge of case management software (Client Track a plus)
- Knowledge of data entry and quality assurance practices
- Understanding of relational databases and queries (Basic SQL knowledge preferred)
- Collaborator, able to communicate with and work effectively with various stakeholders, technical and non-technical.
- Excellent oral and written communication and technical skills
- Must be organized, process and detailed oriented
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word and Excel; MS SharePoint a plus
- Ability to analyze transactional data to report program performance
- Creative thinker – ability to conceptualize new solutions
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong analytical skills