Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by supporting our strategic engagement efforts.
While fostering our team culture in line with The Association’s Team Expectations, the ideal candidate will be someone who demonstrates skill in and devotion to:
- developing and cultivating trusted, long-term relationships;
- serving as a professional ambassador for The Association and Texas A&M;
- developing strategies to effectively engage with and educate Texas A&M’s student body, faculty and staff about The Association of Former Students’ support to Texas A&M;
- developing strategies so that when students graduate from Texas A&M, they do so with a great affinity for the university and The Association, resulting in a lifelong relationship with both;
- exhibiting a high level of organization to effectively manage multiple efforts at a time; and
- successfully leading others to support a noble cause.
The Director of Campus Programs will be responsible for leading a team to engage students, faculty and staff of Texas A&M University through strategic programming and communication. Under the leadership of the Vice President for Communications, this individual will serve as one of The Association’s key liaisons to the campus community. In addition, this individual will develop and execute innovative and strategic initiatives as well as collaborate with the appropriate entities on campus to increase engagement with the student body, including those at each of the university's diverse branch campuses. In addition, the Director of Campus Programs provides operational oversight for the Aggie Ring Program, which has the honor and responsibility of protecting the integrity of the Aggie Ring and overseeing eligibility, order and delivery. While needing the self-motivation and persistence to effectively contribute as an individual, the Director of Campus Programs will play a key role in collaborating with the rest of the team to achieve The Association of Former Students’ overall goals, mission, and vision.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Directs all programs and activities of The Association’s Campus Programs team.
- Leads the Campus Programs team to develop and execute strategies to enhance The Association’s engagement with the student body, faculty and staff of Texas A&M.
- Strategically engages with Texas A&M’s faculty, staff, and students to educate and promote the impact The Association of Former Students has on Texas A&M and to create lasting awareness of The Association’s support for university programs.
- Collaborate with The Association’s Fundraising Team to develop and execute strategies to drive increased donor participation, with a particular focus on current students and young alumni.
- Develops, executes, and reports on an annual strategic plan that includes measurable goals and innovative strategies.
- Provides organizational oversight for a staff-led organization of over 70 currently enrolled students who serve in a voluntary capacity to further the mission of The Association of Former Students.
- Frequently speaks to various groups about The Association of Former Students and the Aggie Network.
- Manages faculty, staff and student award programs supported by The Association’s Annual Fund, annually recognizing nearly 200 members of the Aggie Network.
- Manages multiple expense budgets and reviews university funding expenditures.
Provides operational oversight for the Aggie Ring Program, which has the honor and responsibility of protecting the integrity of the Aggie Ring and overseeing eligibility, order and delivery.
- Develops and cultivates long-term positive vendor relationships with The Association’s exclusive Aggie Ring manufacturer.
- Develops strategies to increase the percentage of students who order their Aggie Ring each year.
Collaborates with The Association’s Events, Marketing and Communications teams to plan and execute premier events for campus populations.
- Responsible for the programming side of the tri-annual Aggie Ring Day event, including the coordination efforts for over 600 volunteers.
- Promotes the interests of The Association of Former Students to the Texas A&M University student body at all teaching locations via new student conferences and extended orientation programs, student organizations, events, sponsored programs and other activities.
Represents The Association of Former Students to Texas A&M University.
- Represents The Association on numerous university committees and working groups.
- Serves as a key liaison between the university and The Association and is the point of contact for most Association activities related to the campus community.
- Works with and serves as a liaison to Texas A&M student groups and their faculty and staff advisors.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing onsite event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Ring Remembrance, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Vice President for Communications.
Given: Manager of Campus Programs, Coordinator of Campus Programs, Campus Programs Specialist, Manager of Aggie Ring Program.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: Five or more years of programming experience, including supervisory experience. Project management experience.
Preferred: Experience working with a non-profit organization, teens and young adults.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Ability to move and carry objects up to 35 pounds. Ability to stand/move around quickly for long periods of time when needed at events.
Required: Proven ability to lead a high-functioning team in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines, while also having the ability to work independently. Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Proven ability to develop new and strategic initiatives that are well planned and executed. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to develop strong, long-lasting and professional relationships with current students, faculty and staff, as well as former students of all generations. Extremely detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with exceptional proofreading skills. Effective time management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations and problem solving with a positive attitude. Ability to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets.
Required: Professional attire and behavior. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude.
Frequent night and weekend engagements required.