At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Compliance Associate is responsible for managing industry-related compliance processes that impact Asurint’s policies and procedures, as well as our clients.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for background screening compliance, including knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state analogs, the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act, ban the box and fair chance laws, and other legislation on the local, state and federal level.
- Researches new and existing laws, regulations, policies, and industry standards including subject matter expertise in important Asurint verticals [such as staffing and transportation] and informs the Manager Compliance and/or General Counsel when changes that impact compliance occur.
- Drafts responses to consumer complaints submitted through the CFPB or BBB for General Counsel review.
- Serves as escalation point for difficult candidate conversations from the Consumer Care Representative.
- Addresses internal department questions related to compliance processes.
- Reviews and provides educational information in response to client-provided forms.
- Assists the Manager Compliance in implementing and enforcing all policies, procedures, and activities required for Asurint to operate in accordance with applicable law.
- Aids in developing and implementing internal and external compliance-related training materials on current background screening requirements.
- Interacts with clients to provide educational information about background screening, and information about Asurint-specific technology and processes.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with FCRA, DPPA, and GLB is preferred.
- Experience with compliance is required.
- Experience with customer service is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is preferred.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer