The Project Manager reports to the CTO’s office and provides project management and controls governance for Beep’s vehicle programs. The Project Manager manages the execution of both small and large-sized projects of ranging complexities and scope, acting as the commercial liaison between Beep and its strategic OEM partners. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of planning, organizing, and leading a project team with the support of functional and technical leads; utilizing a well-defined project execution strategy that effectively balances customer needs with the budget and scope of the project; and have applied their skills in the automotive sector, with a focus on new product launch initiatives. The Project Manager will be responsible for maintaining a cross functional view of program status and risk, providing regular accountings to the C-Suite and other company stakeholders.
This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Atlanta, GA or Orlando, FL.
- Develop and coordinate detailed project plans across Beep and OEM partners
- Analyze and communicate project risks, providing regular accounting to project steering committees
- Manage resource needs and forecasts across project lifecycles
- Manage all administrative activities for partner projects, serving as the central point of contact for Beep
- Direct work assignment and work direction for project team members, including subcontract and partner management
- Provide ongoing feedback and evaluation of project team members including areas of strengths and weaknesses for execution; report and escalate to management as needed
- Maintain a high degree of partner contact, in terms of quality and frequency
- Understand and ensure compliance with partner commercial agreements contracts and applicable regulations
- Internal and external dependency management
- Meticulous concern for stakeholder approvals and project artifact documentation
- Ability to work across a variety of stakeholders, both task execution and executive level
- Expert at various project methodologies, especially Critical Path Method, Hybrid, and Agile
- Expert knowledge of prominent project management and task management tools (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Monday.com, JIRA, etc.)
- Expert project governance and escalation management skills
- Ability to quickly summarize key risks and issues and develop mitigation plans
- Previous success in a matrix environment
- High emotional intelligence and situational awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate business plans and recommendations to internal teams and external customers
- Excellent active listening skills
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in automotive, mobility, or transit systems
- Well-qualified candidates will have significant experience in the automotive industry at an OEM or tier-1 supplier
- Well-qualified candidates will have experience in autonomy or robotics
- Well-qualified candidates will be familiar with U.S. automotive and transit regulations, including the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Buy America standards
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.