NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
Who We Are.
Part of our secret sauce is knowing that good talent can live anywhere, and we actively encourage individuals to apply from across the country. NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ/US team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban forgers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses.
We seek a trustworthy chameleon to join our Alexandria, Virginia office as an experienced and versatile senior multimedia/video producer. The right candidate will be ready to tackle a broad range of fast-paced deliverables across a global field. Professional and efficient, the right candidate will be a self-starter that can manage multiple tasks simultaneously across a varied account portfolio.
You’ll need a creative mind and a comprehensive, broad showreel that highlights a capability for unique storytelling, motion graphics, and engaging editing. You must have real-world experience successfully managing and delivering immersive content for different media, such as television, web, and virtual events.
Our producers get their hands dirty working directly across NJI’s dedicated global team of editors, designers, art directors, and strategists to bring a high level of artistry and technicality to NJI’s production and delivery of video/motion-based content. The right candidate will be a Rubix cube problem-solver who can harmonize speed, style, and scale to produce media-defining assets at a steady pace.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Software Proficiency and Experience - Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop) on both PC/MAC is a must. Experience with 3D and special effects software is also preferred.
- Technical Knowledge - You will have experience working with a range of video cameras for live, multi-camera, in-studio, and off-site video productions, as well as the different codecs, compressions, and export settings required for optimal output.
- A Keen Eye for Color and Detail - You must be naturally precise, and you must take genuine, personal pride in being meticulous about your craft. An ability to showcase consistent colored footage and precision cuts will be expected.
- A Sense of Motion - Experience in animation and motion graphics executed across a range of deliverables such as social media macros, and video titles. Character animation and typography examples are a bonus.
- Production Experience - You can contribute advanced knowledge to different stages of the production process, from location scouting, audio, lighting, and filming to final edits and video exports.
- Communication – Our operational style emphasizes flexibility and encourages autonomy. As a result, uncommonly good common sense, and exceptional communication skills are absolutely indispensable for every team member.
- Time Management – We know that nothing is ever ‘done’. The proven ability to manage your time sensibly and proportionately with project priorities is critical.
- Hidden Talents - We’re always on the lookout for those whose skills bridge the disciplines. Whether it be IT/networking experience, or augmented reality, we’re always looking for ways to push our work and processes into new territories.
- Knowledge Sharer - This role will be joining a growing team of enthusiastic video and motion graphic professionals - to fit this team, you will need to be willing to invest time in learning, but also a willing mentor to help grow the capabilities of others in the team.
- 3+ years of experience working at the crossroads of communications, design, and creative services.
- Mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas, and the occasional dog.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experiences, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace through actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We think of cover letters more in the old-fashioned pen pal sense. Putting pen to page to share your greatest thoughts and interests. So, keep the job summary and skills list in your resume and write something that personally expresses more about who you are and what draws you to NJI and this role.
All applicants should apply directly through our website. If our team is interested in moving forward with your application, a member of our staff will reach out via an @njimedia.com email address with more information about next steps. We will not ask candidates to communicate via platforms such as Telegram, Whatsapp, etc.