Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Technical Quality Analyst Supervisor.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Technical Quality Analyst Supervisor position will be responsible for leading the effort of ensuring quality software is delivered to production by documenting and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality products, design, code and maintain test automation frameworks and test automation infrastructure for our web-based platform, writing manual and automated test cases/scripts and performing test execution, analyzing manual and automated test scenario results, being involved in projects of moderate to high complexity within one or more development environments. The role will support the Quality Implementation Manager by monitoring and ensuring team deliverables are on time and complete. The Supervisor will directly manage the work and personal/professional development of a team of Quality Analysts. Will work closely with Connect for Health Colorado’s business stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Act as a resource and mentor for quality analyst team and facilitate knowledge sharing and best practices
- Identify and implement process improvements and team development opportunities
- Develop and deliver reporting methods of Testing progress
- Performs both back-end system and front-end UI triage and troubleshooting when identifying defects
- Train and mentor other team members in automating functional and regression test suites, including documenting process and training material
- Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed
- Develop, modify, enhance, and implement test plans designed to support new or existing business initiatives
- Build, maintain and grow test automation infrastructure
- Collaborate with Agile teams from the start of a sprint to deliver best-in-class technical solutions for our platforms
- Identify defect-prone areas in product and platform architecture and design and provide test coverage
- Contribute to our growing test automation framework and infrastructure, and automate UI and API tests
- Design and implement tools and techniques supporting robust automation for web applications and utilize automation for deployment and running test suites
- Write and/or modify database queries to perform database validations
- Partner with DevOps and other teams to mature our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline
- Automate testing of RESTful Web Services and Web UI
- Integrate test automations with automated build and continuous integration process
- Investigate failed automation tests and report issues in bug tracking system as appropriate
- Participate in product and feature design reviews with developers
- Supervise a team of Quality Analysts development by setting goals, regular meetings,
- Performance reviews using Connect for Health Colorado tools and processes
- Manage the workload performed by team members in both the Sprint team effort and other
- Quality areas (Examples: Automation, Regression, Load and Performance, Root Cause Analysis)
- Colorado resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and/or relevant QA experience or certifications.
- 5 + years’ Experience with Software Quality Analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and leading teams preferred.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required.
- Agile experience required.
- Experience with Web Automation Testing tools (such as JIRA, Jenkins, Atlassian, etc.,).
- Successful history of implementing automated functional and regression-based test frameworks utilizing open-source tools Selenium /Java/ Test NG/JUnit (white box)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred
- Ability to create and design test automation and test infrastructure – 3+ years of Automation Analyst/Engineer experience ideal
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories, preferably using Git/GitLab
- Strong understanding of QA processes and reports
- Experience with unit testing
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and implementation using Java
- Strong understanding of automated testing for web-based API such as Rest and web services
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The salary range for this position is $84,900 - $108,900.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.