Marengo is seeking an exceptional Scientist to join our Antibody Discovery and Protein Sciences (ADPS) team. The new team member will contribute significantly to a small, rapidly expanding company offering opportunity to advance while improving the lives of patients.
We are seeking an experienced, versatile and self-driven individual to our growing team of energetic scientists. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in Discovery and Early Development teams to directly contribute to discovering novel IO therapeutics. This individual will play a key role in the design and optimization of our next-generation biologic therapeutics, with a focus on fusion proteins and antibodies. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated in-depth understanding of advanced antibody analytics as applied to assessment of developability of Antibody-derived multi-specific therapeutics and excel in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for advanced lab activities and is expected to make an impact at the organizational level in a matrix team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Carry out hands-on lab work to express, purify and characterize novel protein therapeutics to support antibody screening and lead optimization in discovery programs
· Develop protocols to generate stable cell lines
· Demonstrate thorough understanding of advanced protein analytical assays. Apply a broad range of protein analytics to assess and optimize the developability features of multi-specific therapeutics.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert in Antibody production and analytics and provide guidance to the research project teams
· Analyze and present data, both in written reports and oral presentations
· Effectively manage projects and resources to maximize progress
· Manage collaborations with external CROs
· Exhibit versatility to take on new responsibilities within ADPS group
· Maintain detailed lab notebooks
Qualifications and Skills
· M.S. or PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular or Structural Biology or a closely related field and extensive experience in antibody generation and bioanalytical characterization is required
· Prior experience in pharma or biotech is highly preferred
· Experience in advanced protein analytics including but not limited to stability assessment (DSC, DSF), mass spec, HPLC (SEC, HIC), capillary gel electrophoresis (CE-SDS, cIEF)
· Demonstrated knowledge in developability assessments of antibody therapeutics
· Experience in production of complex Antibody-derived biologics using mammalian host systems and purification using a wide range of AKTA systems
· Experience working in a matrix environment
· Attention to detail and a creative approach mentality to problem solving
· Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organizational skills are critical
· Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility, integrity, and a collaborative spirit
· Ability to work independently to design and troubleshoot experiments
· Versatile and quick learner to take on new responsibilities and implement new technologies