It is time to put your career in DRIVE. Do you enjoy the freedom of the open road? Have weekends to yourself?
If you enjoy navigating around the Metro Boston area, we have the job for you!
If you are ready for the next step in your career path, then come grown with us.
The pay is up to $20.00 per hour
The Norfolk Companies/Norfolk Kitchen & Bath may be the place for you! We are a family-owned and operated business with over 85 years in business. We are currently seeking reliable, customer service-driven candidates to join our delivery team as Driver Assistants in Braintree.
Your day will start at 6:30 am each day (Monday-Friday) where you will review your route for the day, complete your required pre-trip of your vehicle, and ensure you have all the products needed to complete your deliveries. Doubling checking your load is always safe and secured.
Each driver assistant will partner with a driver and work together to ensure deliveries are done on time, safely, and complete. This role does require regular heavy lifting as cabinets range on average between 45-60 lbs. You will work with the customer for any special instructions on the placement of materials, etc.
Norfolk uses mobile delivery technology, so you will need to be tech savvy and able to use mobile devices for confirmations, GPS, and communication. Being organized is key to successful delivery as well as completing each order’s electronic paperwork.
- Operate the equipment safely and to ensure each load is complete and properly secured at all times.
- Be Responsible for all electronic communication while truck is in motion, drivers are not allowed by law to use cell phone while truck is in motion, also responsible for GPS programming and assisting driver with best route.
- Have to remain alert for changing road conditions, hazards, low bridges etc, also must exit vehicle and assist driver whenever truck is backing up, parking, moving close to a structure, always watching for obstructions, wires, tree branches etc, no texting or non company issued electronic devices are to be used while in the vehicle.
- Assist driver in bringing items into customers location, being careful not to cause damage to merchandise or property, always being courteous and professional.
- Assist driver when picking up merchandise from customers or vendors, always check merchandise against sales order or packing slip and inspect for damage before leaving site.
- Be physically fit and able to perform daily deliveries.
- Be able to lift 45-60 lbs. Up to 100 lbs. with a 2-person lift.
- Have good communication and customer service skills.
- Be able to read and comprehend English, bi-lingual helpful.
- Be able to use handheld devices for delivery recordkeeping as well as check texts and emails as needed.
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and night vision (based on job tasks).
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- Almost always exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards both flat surface and construction sites
- Frequently required to lift and securely carry fragile items of 80+ pounds for a moderate distance.
- Frequently required to climb stairs to deliver products.
- Frequently exposed to heavy equipment such as delivery vehicles or fork trucks.
- Employee will regularly be exposed to construction materials and visit construction sites.
- Subject to post accident drug and/or alcohol testing while employed by the company.
- Able to wear work boots, hard hat, safety glasses, safety vests as required by delivery location.
The Norfolk Companies consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Norfolk Hardware and Home Center is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston.
Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors is a manufacturing business specializing in the production of cabinets, countertops, and custom case work.
The Norfolk Companies was founded in 1934. We have been in business for over 85 years and continue to grow year after year. Come and be part of this fun, fast paced, family atmosphere.
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company fitness center (at our Braintree location) and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.