WEAVERS WAY CO-OP JOB DESCRIPTION- Ambler Bulk Buyer
Reports to Ambler Grocery Manager
Level IIIB Full time, hourly
Schedule: approximately 40 hours per week average
Purpose and Scope: Establish & operate Ambler’s bulk department by managing all department resources and activities so as to help to achieve WW Ends…
Operate as the creative force behind a thriving bulk set.
Product: Ambler Bulk set includes grains, beans, coffee, dried fruit, granolas & cereals, snacks, oils, nut butters, kombucha, etc.
· Research, purchase, price, display, account for, and otherwise find and sell products in line with our standards and which will achieve sales, margin, and member and shopper satisfaction goals.
· Find trustworthy vendors and maintain good relationships.
· Stay educated about products
· Communicate with shoppers regarding the use and value of products and vendors and ingredients. Ensure department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
· Train staff in relation to ordering and stocking bulk set and on bulk item knowledge and usage
· Act as a role model for staff through professional conduct.
· Ensure customers have enjoyable and satisfactory shopping experiences and positive general interactions with staff and co-op as whole.
· Communicate and educate customers through a variety of means about our products and our product philosophy including in person interactions, signs, displays, The Shuttle, e-news, web site, social media, events, and other mechanisms as appropriate.
· Seek, incorporate, and respond to customer feedback regarding products and services.
· Ensure WW money is spent as appropriate and as planned for purchases, payroll, and expenses related to operating the department.
· Manage product handling, ordering, receiving, inventory levels, category management, and pricing so as to achieve sales, cost, income and other goals as set by management.
· Review reports that illustrate financial performance, take actions as appropriate.
· Implement promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans in coordination with WW Marketing Department.
· Participate and cooperate with any NCG and/or vendor based marketing programs..
· Arrange for product samplings and demos.
· Write articles for WW media to educate members/community on related topics.
· Work with the Marketing department to create signage highlighting producers, and informational tools for shoppers and staff.
· Ensure day to day department appearance meets or exceeds standards.
· Maintain working knowledge of margin reports, weekly sales numbers and related financial and customer service measures.
· Understand and comply with all specific store procedures and practices.
· Utilize specified communication mechanisms for corporate and job related information sharing.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good reading and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
- Previous experience working in a grocery or other type of food service job.