SALARY RANGE: $13.95-$18.15** DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
• Responsible for the documentation, use and follow through on all IT related trouble tickets through ticketing system.
• Maintain operations of all desktop/laptop machines and their associated operating systems and software.
• Maintain operations of security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and encryption systems.
• Coordinate installation, configuration, and maintenance of end user software.
• Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity and related network problems, including hardware, software, user access, VPN, VolP phone system and wireless networks.
• Run queries and/or reports in various applications in support of department needs.
• Assist with research on products, services, protocols and standards in support of normal operations.
• Maintain policies and procedures for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery, in conjunction management.
• On call support and the possibility of flex hours based on department needs.
• May require interaction with Residents of ESLC.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills along with good communication abilities. Strong customer service experience and skills. Experience working with diverse sets of individuals to understand and answer questions. Experience documenting IT issues in a centralized documentation tool or ticket management system. Strong technical skills with PCs. Ability to learn and support new applications. Ability to conceptualize technical problems via phone. On-call availability. Demonstrated emotional control under stress/positive attitude when dealing with customers. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree in computer science or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE: One or more years related experience. Should be familiar with Microsoft AD and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing in and around the IT area. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.