Norfolk Companies is one of New England's largest kitchen & bath companies providing design and installation of homeowners dream kitchens and baths. In addition to working with homeowners, we also provide cabinetry to builders and property management companies servicing the multi-unit market. Our roots began in 1934 in Boston at our hardware and home center which today serves up to 600 customers each day. We are proud to be a 4th generation family-owned business and to offer a rewarding place to work for all our 220 employees.
Our distribution center in Braintree is integral to the success our of company. In the Warehouse Administrator role, you will be responsible for the daily interactions with customers and internal departments to ensure deliveries, invoicing and receiving functions are completed accurately. You will also be responsible for answering all internal and external customer questions regarding delivery status or ETA and answering any questions or concerns from all delivery drivers. To be successful in this role, you will have a high sense of urgency, take initiative and to troubleshoot and resolve issues in accordance to established processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all delivery requests via email, phone and Bistrack order monitor to understand orders that are ready for picking/delivery
- Work to resolve high priority requests or material issues by working with other departmentsConfirm delivery requests with internal or external customers via email and phone
- Create journeys for all delivery trucks based on requested time windows, installation needs, freight and truck sizing, geographic routing, etc.
- Manage material flow from receiving to delivery ensuring process is being followed. Troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Assist with inventory management including root cause for of inventory inaccuracies
- Able to be cross trained to perform various job functions including picking, packing, receiving, truck loading in a safe manner as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong MS Office, ERP utilization, and working with PDF/attachments
- Knowledge of material workflows within a warehouse
- Strong problem resolution skills and able to defuse a situation
- Excellent communication skills with all methods of communication (phone, email, text, etc.)
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize daily demands to meet customer requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of material sizes and volume to assess how much to fit on a truck
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of hands on experience in shipping, receiving and logistics roles in inventory warehouse environment
- Prior experience in a lead role
- 3 years experience working with an WHS and ERP system
- Position is a desk role within a warehouse office
- Able to walk, bend, stand on even and uneven surfaces
- Ability to lift and/or pull 50+ lbs
- Ability to operate a fork truck and other warehouse equipment safely
- Able to climb (ladders, trucks)