Minden Medical Clinic LPN or RN
Minden, NE • Minden Medical Clinic
Days and Hours:
- Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday Rotation: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Job Title: Minden Medical Clinic LPN or RN
Department: Minden Medical Clinic
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Primary Care
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares patients for and assists with examinations.
- Administers injections and medications, dresses wounds and incisions, interprets practitioner’s instructions to the patients, assists with emergency and minor surgery, and performs related tasks as directed by practitioner.
- Maintains records of vital statistics and other pertinent patient data.
- Keeps Drug Room supplies up to date and counts narcotics daily.
- Maintains stock of supplies and medications.
- Conducts specific laboratory test, as licensing allows
- Other duties as requested by Clinic Director and/or practitioners
- Works in harmony with assigned co-workers and other department staff.
- Is punctual in attendance. Adjusts personal schedule to work as scheduled. Provides proper notification for absence as per hospital policy.
- Accepts and responds to constructive criticism, assigned duties and suggestions in a cooperative manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept and implement change
- Completes assignments accurately and on time.
- Participates in continuing education programs and staff meetings as evidenced by attendance records.
- Where applicable, floats to other areas as assigned; responds to floating requested with a positive attitude.
- Willingly accepts assignments to special projects.
- Attentive to detail, record-keeping and required paperwork inherent to the position.
- Demonstrates kindness, courteousness, and sensitivity to patients, families, physicians, co-workers and visitors at all times.
- Appears well groomed and observes established dress guidelines, visibly wearing the name identification badge.
- Displays self-respect and pride in KCHS.
PHONE TRIAGE AND REFERRAL
- Screens calls to practitioners, answering patient questions under the practitioners’ guidance.
- Makes referral appointments with other physicians.
- Maintains stocking of supplies and equipment.
- In charge of scheduling both the event and staffing of the annual flu shot clinics.
- Provides education for and inspections of child safety seat installation.
- Ordering and tracking of medication supplies.
- Maintains Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program.
- Serves on the KCHS Safety Committee.
- Notifies the Infection Control Nurse of real or potential exposures.
- Completes required careLearning modules
- Completes other required certifications or classes as necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
- Attends routinely scheduled staff meetings
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess as a minimum, a nursing diploma from an approved program of nursing
Certificates, Licensure, Registrations
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Competitive Wage
- Benefit package including: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Company-Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Retirement Matching, AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Medical Credits
- Wellness Benefits
- Tuition Assistance and Continuing Education Allowance