Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Under general supervision from the Regional Maintenance Manager, manages the shop operation, maintenance, and condition of all the terminal’s tractors and trailers ensuring assets are maintained in accordance with federal (DOT), state and local regulations and Company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Shop Manager manages the shop facility in a safe, efficient, timely, cost effective, and practical manner and in compliance with OSHA regulations and Company polices.
- Manage shop Supervisors or leads to make sure practical decisions are being made.
- The Shop Manager ensures and enforce all established safety policies and standards to include OSHA regulations and Company policies, and the identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Monitor and address all issues concerning corrective action of direct reports and employee performance while being accessible to all areas of the shop.
- The Shop Manager plans daily staffing levels to meet workload.
- Perform oversight of cost controls and the maintenance and repair of equipment assigned to the terminal; contribute to the Company’s revenue growth.
- The Shop Manager determines the overall mechanical condition of vehicles and equipment; diagnose component malfunctions and initiate repair actions.
- Properly annotate all maintenance performed on prescribed forms and enter data into TMT and other data collection systems.
- The Shop Manager manages and maintain inventory of parts, tools, specialized test equipment and consumables.
- Provide support to the terminal operations team regarding all equipment-related issues.
- The Shop Manager monitors and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
- Perform administrative functions, including timesheet approval, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation.
- The Shop Manager utilizes sound judgment to determine when vehicle repairs should be completed by an outside agency that is authorized and qualified to perform such work. Clearly discuss situation with Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures and federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- The Shop Manager performs additional duties as assigned.
- Produce and maintain accurate inspection forms and their records.
- The Shop Manager regularly interface with Terminal Manager, Regional Maintenance Manager, and Safety officials.
- The Shop Manager reports directly to the Regional Maintenance Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- At least 5+ years' industry experience in fleet maintenance as a lead or higher
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to manage a staff of 15 or more employees and multiple shifts
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated fleet management information systems, equipment theory , principles, and repair relating to vehicles, diesel engines air, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial tractor and trailer maintenance and DOT rules/regulations
- Proficient in the use and completion of repair and purchase orders produced by a maintenance management system
- Demonstrated skills in self-directed planning and organization/supervision of technicians to complete regularly scheduled preventive maintenance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with terminal operations staff and safety officials
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, at times adjusting spoken voice to suit the sound level of the environment
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced, and high energy environment
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Bi Lingual a plus
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.