Currently seeking a commercial flooring field superintendent to join our team. Dedicated to Multi-Family New Construction Since 1998 Malibu Floors provides turnkey solutions to meet any budget for flooring, wall tile, and countertops. Malibu Floors is a full-service supplier and installer of interior finishes, for multifamily builders. Dedicated to new construction for over 40 years, Malibu currently operates in 13 states. Primary products include flooring, wall tile, and countertops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand the scope of work prior the project start
- Field Supervisor needs to make sure he/she is getting all the information needed prior to the project start date
- Review current finish schedules (units & amenities)
- Review units and building breakdowns
- Physically field measure all units and areas pertinent to the scope
- Check for current unit and clubhouse ID plans
- Check change orders (approved & unapproved) prior to project start
- Field supervisor needs to make sure he/she has unit take offs with seaming diagrams
- Have a pre-construction meeting prior to the project start with the Malibu Floors In-Office Project Manager and GC Superintendents. During this meeting, the Malibu Field Supervisor/Superintendent MUST go over the scope of work, scheduling, change orders, logistics, safety procedures, weekly meetings, and inventory storage
- Go over all seaming diagrams and field measurements with installer prior to start job
- Request from the GC the updated schedule with building/floor sequence
- Communicate with the Malibu Floors In-Office Project Manager to ensure all materials will be shipped and received in a timely manner
- Coordinate material delivery to the job site with installers to meet schedules and confirm amounts of materials to be shipped to the job site - Field supervisor needs to know date and time of deliveries in advance so he/she can notify the installers
- Field supervisor/installers needs to coordinate unload and storage of the material at the job site
- When Field supervisor/installers receive the materials, he/she needs to check the quantity and also check for damaged materials and advise the In-Office Project Manager of any discrepancy. **Field Supervisor/ Subcontractor needs to sign and send a picture of the packing list to the In-Office Project Manager
- Field supervisor must make sure the inventory shipped to the job site is protected by storing the material in a secure, dry place, safe from outside elements and theft. The subcontractor is responsible for the material received at the jobsite. If the material gets lost or stolen, Malibu could charge back the subcontractor
- Daily Inventory count. Field supervisor needs to communicate with PM all job-related inventory needs
- Review all work orders to be completed with the constant reminder on quality installation
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise assigned team members.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flooring experience required
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with project managers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between work sites; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Field environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.