The Events Coordinator in the office of Marketing and Communications performs a broad range of operational and logistical business activities relating to the design, planning, and execution of seminary events and programming. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, the Events Coordinator will assist the seminary with the planning and execution of a wide range of events hosted at LSTC, including but not limited to meetings, visiting lecture or speaker events, key student events, events hosted by the Centers at LSTC, commencement and other special activities.
- Curates all LSTC events and manages the events calendar on the website
- Manages facilities scheduling system and is the approver on event spaces, coordinating with Facilities staff to ensure all event needs are appropriately communicated
- Co-chairs campus events committee
- Communicates with seminary stakeholders, conducts site visits of event locations, coordinates all logistics, provides onsite management
- Keeps track of all expenses and prepares reports on costs
- Coordinates email communications, including the design, drafting and deployment of event invitations
- Serves as a power user and in-house expert for email marketing platform and event registration sites
- Maintains inventory of event supplies such as banners, name badges, and other-event related swag or materials
- Provides follow-up report on event attendance
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field, plus a minimum of five years professional experience in event planning and meeting management
- Skilled in email campaign programs, such as MailChimp, or HubSpot
- Expertise in operating (website) content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and others
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, the internet, and email, with proficiency in working with major social media platforms and web tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format to a variety of audiences
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve desired results
- Committed to antiracism work and intercultural competence
LSTC is committed to diversity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are encouraged to apply. LSTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Please utilize the online application portal to submit your resume and a letter of interest that includes a) your reasons for applying, b) your work experience as an events and marketing professional, and c) a description of how you connect to LSTC’s mission. Please submit all application materials through the employment application portal.