The Solution Engineer will play a vital role in the company’s business development efforts, bridging the gap between customer requirements and Beep’s products and services. The Solution Engineer will support and maintain technical and commercial relationships with customers and technical advisors while developing solutions that best accommodate needs from a variety of stakeholders that use Beep as their trusted advisor for autonomous mobility services and solutions. Beep is looking for motivated individuals who want to be part of a growing team and think creatively on use cases that arise from the daily challenges posed by modern urban mobility. The successful candidate will have an absolute passion for technology, be well-versed in automated transportation solutions, and present a growth mindset focused on driving customer success through successful project launches.
This is a full-time, hybrid position based in Atlanta, GA or Orlando, FL, and will require the ability to travel 50%+ of the time. This position will report into the CTO’s office but will support the Sales organization through a matrixed structure.
- Become a subject matter expert in Beep solutions and products
- Evaluate requirements, projects, use cases, and opportunities through the lens of our services and product capabilities, and safety, regulatory, and compliance obligations
- Propose solutions that are technically correct, time-bond, localized, and adequate in terms of resources, budget, and regional/national regulations
- Evaluate, recommend, and respond to RFPs, RFIs, and requests from our Sales team in a timely, accurate manner
- Design transit solutions, considering all aspects involved in such projects (network, systems, road-side equipment, vehicles, site analysis, ODDs, supervisory systems, headways, routes, maintenance, schedules, passenger comfort, security and safety, etc.)
- Understand the transportation industry, and its jargons, artifacts, norms, and regulations, and be able to discuss ideas with highly skilled internal and external stakeholders
- Recommends acceptance, rejection, or modifications for proposed plans
- Assists in proposal development and grant applications
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Highly skilled in transportation systems, requirements, solutions, and their ramifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; candidates may be asked to provide a long form writing sample
- Experience with presenting and defending ideas/projects to C-Level/Director stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental/public transport systems and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in autonomy, mobility, transportation, or transit systems
- 3+ years of experience in sales or a supporting capacity
- Well-qualified candidates will have a master’s degree or MBA
- Well-qualified candidates will have significant experience in autonomy or robotics
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.