Assistant /Associate or Full Professor of Cyber Security & Computer Science
POSITION: Assistant / Associate or Full Professor of Cyber Security & Computer Science
SUPERVISOR: Dean of the School of Science, Technology, and Health
DEPARTMENT: School of Science, Technology, and Health
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Tiffin University is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant/Associate or Full Professor of Cyber Security and Computer Science for on-campus classes in the School of Science, Technology, and Health. This position is located on Tiffin University's Main Campus in Tiffin, Ohio, and will require residency in proximity to Tiffin, Ohio. This position may include the teaching of certain courses offered in an online format.
Candidates ideally will hold a doctoral degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline. ABD will be considered with a projected completion date provided. The most competitive candidates will be able to show demonstrated success in teaching at the college/university level. Candidates with master’s degrees in the discipline and evidence of industry certifications may be considered.
It is important for candidates to have a broad knowledge base in the respective fields of Cyber Security and Computer Science; however, a candidate’s knowledge base may accentuate one of these two fields.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches a full-time teaching load in the fall and spring semesters consisting primarily of on-campus, undergraduate and/or graduate courses with the opportunity for summer teaching in an online capacity.
- Provides direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Engages in academic advising/faculty mentoring with assigned students majoring in cyber security and/or computer science.
- Participates in service to the university through committee membership and collaboration and service to the community through established relationships and partnerships.
- Pursues research interests and agenda in the field of cyber security and/or computer science.
- Employs a professional tone in all communications with students, staff, faculty, and community members
- Complies with the I-Care Values of Tiffin University and the cultivation of professional attitudes for creating successful students.
- Participates in the assessment process for academic programs and courses under their purview.
- Contributes to program curriculum development within their discipline.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Doctoral degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline by the time of appointment. Applicants with a master’s degree Cyber Security, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline with significant experience in the field and industry certifications may be considered.
Professional experience in the field of Cyber Security or Computer Science is highly recommended as is evidence of a strong commitment to teaching.
The academic rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) will be based on the candidate’s educational and professional qualifications at the time of hiring, as determined by Tiffin University.
EXPECTED KEY COMPETENCIES (ORGANIZATIONAL FIT)
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration across the University
Communication: Strong decision-making and communication skills
Accountability: Formulates effective and progressive strategies aligned with University's mission and values
Respect: Creates an engaging, collaborative classroom environment by bringing diverse students and ideas together.
Entrepreneurship: Influences and Inspires
Ability to sit and or stand periodically for long periods.
Tiffin University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tiffin University offers a generous compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), Supplemental plans, Group Whole Life Insurance, tuition reimbursement, professional development, regular employee appreciation events, and so much more.