Our human resources team is looking for a Benefits Manager who is both strategic and hands-on in leading all facets of benefits with the primary goal to deliver an exceptional employee experience built on smooth, efficient administration practices. You will work to ensure our benefits are competitive and drive business results while both reflecting and enhancing our culture. We are a small and growing HR team, who truly values and appreciates the expertise that each of us brings into the office each day. We are people who enjoy helping people thrive in a relationship business. If that sounds exciting to you, then APPLY TODAY!
In one year as our Benefits Manager, you will know you were successful if you...
- Act as an internal subject matter expert and ensure daily benefits management reflects overall strategy, utilizing competencies and experience to set priorities and provide direction to collaborative teammates.
- Serve as the primary contact for outside benefits advisors, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Research, analyze, and recommend benefits programs.
- Evaluate benchmarks and competitive trends, in conjunction with outside advisors, for benefits offered by other organizations.
- Review, verify, and reconcile invoices and execute balance billing for related plans.
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments to execute administrative benefits matters (e.g., accounting, IT).
- Oversee and maintain complete and accurate employee benefits records and manage related audits, processes, and controls to ensure completion and accuracy.
- Adapt, document, and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes.
- Plan, prepare, and distribute written information and conduct employee meetings, including open enrollments and new employee orientations, to provide benefits education.
- Promote wellness and other initiatives that support employee well-being.
- Oversee the management and day-to-day execution of the 401k and ESOP including vendor management, accounting coordination, and all compliance/audit activities.
- Oversee and complete relevant 5500 filings, related audits, and ACA reporting.
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with all applicable laws including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, ADAAA, FLSA, state, and local laws.
What we are looking for…
- Requires at least 10 years of progressive experience in benefits planning, administration, and analysis.
- Benefits certification preferred; must demonstrate intermediate to advanced understanding of medical, dental, vision, disability, life, FSA, HSA, TSA, 401k, ESOP, and similar benefits.
- Must have experience building relationships with vendors, advisors, and internal stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration, support, and service.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpreting and explaining benefits plans and policy features to a broad audience with variable familiarity with benefits.
- Requires working knowledge of applicable benefits laws with a demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to real-world circumstances.
- Must possess a strong comfort level working with HR-related technology and systems.
- Requires the ability to think broadly, establish credibility, and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.