For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents.
The benefits we offer to our employees include:
· Medical (including prescription plan)
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
· Life Insurance
· Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation & PTO
· Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
· 12 Paid Holidays
· Flexible Work Schedules – with a great balance of working from home and in the office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation of quotes and project proposals for all Bender products.
- Actively assist internal and external stakeholders (Sales members, Reps, Customers, etc. ) with product selection, application assistance and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the completion of the order validation processes for the industries and products assigned.
- Provides technical support (Level 2) for inquiries from internal and external stakeholders (Sales members, Reps, Customers, etc.)
- Ensure customer technical cases and inquiries are resolved with support of internal and external stakeholders, act as the middle-man to support organization to ensure client escalations are addressed in due time.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of CRM database quality.
- Assist and provide input for the creation of training modules, blogs, webinars, etc.
- Follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
- Over Night Travel (5%)
- Occasionally attend Trade Shows and Working Group Meetings.
- Support Channel Partner On-Boarding Training Management and Education.
- Customer Visits: Troubleshooting/Testing and/or Education when requested by Regional Sales Managers.
- Back-up for Order Entry, sales customer inquiries and Level 1 technical support when applicable.
- Responsible for reducing the number of obsolete products used by recommending and quoting newer product offerings or the most relevant alternative.
- Suggest modifications for more efficient, streamlined processes and contribute to standard operating procedure creation.
- Creation of project submittals per customer request as needed.
- Complete reports & metrics as required by management.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering Preferred) or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ related experience preferred
- Familiar with industry standard, including NFPA 70, NEC, UL Standards, IEC standards, and other standards related to electrical equipment
- Understanding of electrical systems including single & three phase AC and DC systems
- Ability to read/understand schematic drawings, panel schedules and specifications preferred
- SAP and Salesforce experience preferred
- Highly efficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation
- High ethical & moral standards
- Strong communication skills (written/oral)
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work with a team
The above statements and information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.