Start Date: Immediately (part-time), full-time on June 20, 2023 (training nights on June 13th, 14th, and 15th
Department: Summer Camp
BB&N is seeking a Summer Camp Head Nurse for Summer Camp 2023. The Head Nurse is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of campers and staff for the duration of the 8 weeks of programming. We work hard, have fun, and we are positive role models for our campers. Candidates must be dedicated, responsible, and eager to make everyday fun at camp no matter what role they play.
In addition, Head Nurse is expected to be committed to the following:
- Participate in the development and implementation of high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for campers within BB&N’s mission.
- Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Provide healthcare to meet the individual needs of camp staff and campers
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camping Association standards.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have some experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
In addition, the candidate:
- Must be a Registered nurse (RN) with a license as required by the state
- CPR certified
- Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care
- Must be available for training sessions on the nights of June 14th, 15th, and 16th.
- Education and First AID and BLF certification, preferred
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.
About Buckingham Browne & Nichols:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Buckingham Browne & Nichols is a day school that engages students in grades Pre-K through 12 in a rich and invigorating educational experience of the highest quality. The school excels at helping students discover their unique talents and passions and develop those strengths to the fullest. The curriculum is challenging, forward-thinking, innovative, and flexible, designed to help qualified students, from a range of backgrounds and with a wide spectrum of talents and interests, reach new levels of accomplishment. Co-curricular opportunities in athletics, the arts, community service, and other areas add important dimensions to students’ learning. Students learn on three age and developmentally-appropriate campuses. At every grade, BB&N takes full advantage of the range of opportunities its locations afford.
BB&N is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. This commitment is integral to the mission and vision of the School. BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. At BB&N, we value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all. The different perspectives and experiences of our students define the fabric of our community and contribute to the growth of the individuals who call BB&N their alma mater and shape the classroom and extracurricular experiences. To have classmates and friends who are different from oneself, to come to truly know the background, experiences, and beliefs of a new friend is to learn more deeply about oneself and our world. There is no more important attribute in the preparation for global citizenship.
The vibrancy and vitality we feel in the classrooms, hallways, stages and playing fields of BB&N derive from the people who are here. At its root are the varied interests and experiences, the different backgrounds, cultures, religions, views, and perspectives that our students and faculty bring to their classes and families bring to myriad activities. Each of us adds to the richness of another’s experience. Working and playing together teaches us lifelong lessons about appreciating, knowing and understanding, and learning from each other.