Professional Land Surveyor
At Dawood Engineering, Inc., we provide multi-disciplined consulting services for a wide range of industries encompassing Transportation, Energy & Land Planning/Site Development.
Our engineers and professionals provide Highway Design and Traffic Engineering, Bridge and Structural Engineering, Civil Design, Surveying and Mapping, Pipeline and Associated Facility Design, Geotechnical/Geophysical, Environmental Studies and Water/Wastewater design.
Dawood is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to support our growing operations in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
This position performs a variety of supervisory and technical duties related to the field of land surveying. This role will require the use of current technology, survey knowledge and past experience, take responsible charge for various survey activities associated with land surveys utilized in the location, design and/or construction of roads, structures, geotechnical, flood control projects, storm water facilities, recreational facilities, land development, subdivisions, or other engineering projects, transportation planning, traffic control of highways, and/or other designs. Independently performs a variety of complex duties including assembling of deed mosaics and review of right-of-way plans. Manages survey projects and communicates with clients as needed. Manages multiple survey crews and office staff as required.
- Manages survey projects and communicates with clients.
- Oversees multiple survey crews and office staff.
- Manages project budgets and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate QA/QC requirements.
- Solicits new work opportunities.
- Makes recommendations for hiring survey staff and related personnel.
- Current Massachusetts Professional Land Surveyor license (PLS) REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years of survey project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with Civil3D, MicroStation and Carlson Survey preferred
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Possess a valid driver's license in the employee's state of residence
- Candidate must exhibit a positive attitude, have excellent communication skills and work well both independently and in a team setting
Dawood Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position does not offer sponsorship.