Fairstead is a purpose driven, national real estate developer. We believe an organization united in worthy goals can improve individual lives, reshape communities, and spark societal change. We are committed to creative positive social, economic and environmental change in the lives of our residents and the communities we service and use these values to guide every decision we make. Our property management team specializes in improving and maintaining Fairstead communities through strengthening relationships with residents that foster a safe, healthy, high quality living experience. Our property Management team engages with its residents and neighborhoods to preserve each community’s unique identity and culture while maintaining its consistent, innovative, best practice approach.
Fairstead has an exciting opportunity at one of our properties, and we are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team! The Assistant Property Manager assists and supports the planning, implementing, and managing the daily operations of the property. They assist in the management of onsite activities and the overall performance of the property. They perform a variety of duties including but not limited to administrative, financial, and resident relations.
- Assists Property Manager to ensure compliance in all aspects of the HUD 4350.3 Handbook.
- Executes intervention strategies for tenants who are non-compliant with lease/compliance requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of the property for REAC reviews, EHS violations cleared, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Reviews, and perform annual and interim recertification reviews.
- Documents lease violations and coordinate evictions.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to questions, complaints, and requests in a timely manner. Taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensures the property’s maintenance team members responds and completes resident service requests.
- Assisting tenants with requests, questions, problems, and complaints
- Alerting staff of move ins, move outs, any emergencies
- Provide excellent customer services and display courteous and professional attitude towards all residents and visitors
- Responsible for regularly tracking arrears and following up with tenants per the company policy.
- Oversee the lease renewal program for appropriate retention rate.
- Works within house legal team to track status of rent payments.
- Oversee accounting transactions and ensure all rents are collected, posted, and deposited daily.
- Create purchase orders in Yardi.
- Answer phone calls, messages, and emails promptly; within a few hours but never to exceed 24 hours.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules.
- Consistently works to clear HPD, ECB, DOB violations (NY only)
- Perform other duties as needed
- To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Two (2) years of experience in affordable housing leasing or property management
- Knowledge and experience in the local residential market
- Experience with EIV and Yardi
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great Customer Service skills.
- Able to learn and work with property management applications.
- Quick learner and great attitude.
Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $7.8 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 24,000 apartments in 28 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
· Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
· Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
· Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values