SynTerra is looking for an Engineer Technician who has the expertise to help our clients. You should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in survey field work. This position is based out of our Lexington, KY office and requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to work in an outdoor environment and to travel.
Key functions of the Engineer Technician include providing CAD mapping and design, assisting the engineering team and effectively communicating with other staff members. The Engineer Technician should be able to work away from home for up to a week at a time.
- Associate’s degree in CAD design, or Surveying and Mapping
- Minimum 2 years of experience in surveying or other inspection services
- Additional knowledge of mining, surveying, or construction designs preferred
- Proficiency in Map3D or Civil 3D
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The Engineer Technician must be able to lift heavy objects, ability to work outside in heat and cold
- The Engineer Technician must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- The Engineer Technician must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.