SynTerra is looking for an Engineering Technician who has the expertise to help our clients. You should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering or survey field work. This position is based out of our Lexington, KY office and requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to work in an outdoor environment and to travel.
Key functions of the Engineering Technician include providing CAD mapping, assisting the engineering team and effectively communicating with other staff members. The Engineering Technician should be able to work away from home for up to a week at a time.
- Associate’s degree in CAD design, Surveying and Mapping, or other engineering/technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering or surveying projects
- Additional knowledge of mining, surveying, or construction designs preferred
- Proficiency in Map3D or Civil 3D a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- MSHA Part 48 Subpart B trained a plus
- MSHA Impoundment Inspector trained a plus
- Home inspection experience or willing to be trained in home inspection
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The Engineering Technician must be able to lift 40-pound objects, ability to work outside in heat and cold
- The Engineering Technician must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- The Engineering Technician must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.