If you enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced workplace, you will love working at Greenville University. Our finance team is composed of people who enjoy working together and provide top-notch financial support for the university. The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience. This position is a full-time, in-person, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing accounts payable and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Working closely with other departments in the processing of all accounts payable
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger and bank accounts to ensure all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Ensuring all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles
- Assisting with billing and tax documentation preparation
- Identifying solutions to discrepancies in financial records
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices
- Excellent understanding of governmental guidelines, tax laws that affect the company
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
General Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate degree or 2 years of previous experience as an accountant or a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or in a related field.
· Exempt (Full-Time)
16 Paid Holidays
4 Personal Days
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
403B and Roth Retirement Plan Options
Flex Spending and HSA Accounts
Tuition Waiver (employees, their spouses, and their dependent children are eligible)
Campus Store Discounts
Free Access to Athletic & Entertainment Events
24/7 Prayer Chapel
Free Access to Fitness Training Center
Complimentary lunch twice a week at the DC
Greenville University has a dynamic commitment to experiential learning, faith integration, and practical skill development tailored around job placement. The University has approximately 700 residential students and is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations.
Greenville University is a community in the Wesleyan Holiness tradition, affiliated with the Free Methodist denomination, where individuals join to further their academic achievement, personal development, and spiritual growth.
Together we seek to honor Christ by integrating faith and learning while our hearts and lives reflect mature Christian practice. Our Lifestyle Statement explains the principles and the expectations that help us live together and meet institutional objectives. We acknowledge that it is impossible to create expectations that fully satisfy every member. Nevertheless, certain expectations bring order to community life.
When individuals join Greenville University, they freely and willingly choose to take upon themselves the responsibilities outlined in our Lifestyle Statement. You can find the complete Lifestyle Statement on our website: https://www.greenville.edu/life-at-gu/about-us/lifestyle-statement.html
Greenville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal laws. In keeping with the mission of the institution, Greenville University seeks applicants with a strong commitment to the values and lifestyle of evangelical Christianity and who profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As a Christian institution, we require faculty and staff to adhere to the University's Lifestyle statement and to enforce a religiously based code of conduct for all University employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Greenville University, as an educational institution affiliated with the Free Methodist Church USA, reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended).
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. However, a conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Instead, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis. It assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. You will be required to follow any other instructions and assignments requested by your supervisor. Greenville University has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not an employment contract, and you or Greenville University may terminate employment at any time.
For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.