**** We are a NYS Healthcare Workers Bonus Employer – you could be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses ****
PLEASE READ: Training is in our Saratoga Springs main office
The Direct Support Professional-Floater (DSP) provides care and support to people of diverse abilities. The DSP will assist each individual in reaching his/her maximum level of independence and power of potential by promoting a sense of self-worth, acceptance, achievement, citizenship, personal growth and personal choice. You will get to work with many different people and expand your knowledge and skills in the direct services field.
Being a Float DSP is rewarding and exciting. A Float DSP may work at multiple locations throughout the day and work week. The DSP will implement each person’s personal plan of care, which may include activities of daily living, such as bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding and assisting with transportation. The DSP will possess a professional, patient (tolerant) understanding manner and work to maintain a calm, kind, caring and safe environment for the people we serve in their home and the community.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred; background experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (training provided)
- AMAP Certification (training provided)
- SCIP Certification (training provided)
- Program specific training (provided)
- Valid NYS Drivers License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards/depending on program needs. Maintain valid insurance and provide insurance card if using your own vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit/maintain a professional, kind, courteous and patient manner at all times
• Work at any/all homes/programs upon request, throughout the agency to assure appropriate support when the need arises.
• Mentor and/or train new staff as needed and/or requested.
• Maintain a flexible schedule, in coordination with their supervisor, to ensure all needs are met.
• To implement, and document each person’s total plan of support, encouraging maximum independence and self-worth.
• To provide, encourage, and assist people in personal care and activities of daily living, while respecting the privacy and dignity of
• To perform medical/health related functions while adhering to AMAP policy, including working with the Health Coordinator/Nurse Trainer and the administration of medications and treatment upon satisfactory completion of the AMAP course. Implements and carries out prescribed therapies or treatments as ordered by licensed Physicians, nursing staff, and/or therapists.
• To transport and/or accompany people to medical, dental, and other appointments as needed.
• To accompany people on activities, assisting them to participate in the community and enjoy community activities.
• To comply with all state, federal and agency policies, procedures, regulations as indicated by OPWDD.
• To maintain all records of the people we support, ensuring filing, accuracy, compliance, updating.
• To operate agency vehicles in compliance with agency policies/procedures, and traffic laws, ensuring, documenting vehicle maintenance/condition.
• Responsible for individual funds and petty cash. To provide for the appropriate use of individual/agency property/equipment.
• To attend any trainings, meetings, updates medical requirements necessary/required. To acquire and maintain all required certifications in accordance with agency policy. Attend and participate in staff meetings on a regular basis and assure attendance at all mandatory meetings.
• To foster community inclusion by involving the people in the planning and implementation of recreational and leisure activities.
• Remain aware/respectful of the people’s rights and responsibilities; immediately reporting any concerns or issues of potential harm, mistreatment or rights restriction.
• To participate as an active member of the service team as needed; assisting in the development of a person's individualized support plan.
• To coordinate/participate/communicate/document, meetings to meet the needs of the people served and active treatment.
• Committee membership as assigned.
• Any and all other duties requested by supervisor.