The role of Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for managing the daily needs of our internal and external customers. The selected candidate will serve as a key point of contact with many other business groups including Sales, Project Managers, Warehouse Operations, and other groups within Finance. This role will participate in ongoing process improvement efforts and special projects designed to enhance our capabilities in accordance with Markraft’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts, including payments made by various methods (ACH, Wire Transfer, Bank Drafts, Credit Card).
- Ensure accuracy of cash postings by contacting AR Customers to verify payment remittance detail.
- Research and resolution of unapplied cash.
- Monitoring of customer aging and providing weekly cash forecast.
- Research and resolution of customer deductions such as trade allowances, shortages, pricing concessions, and other payment deductions.
- Weekly/monthly reporting related to assigned portfolio.
- Preparation and analysis of required month end closing reports such as reserve analysis, aging review, and financial consolidation reporting.
- Conduct payment research requests and respond to internal and external business partners.
- Creation and maintenance of accounts receivable process documentation.
- Special projects and audit responses pertaining to assigned portfolio, as required.
- Support of ongoing process improvements for the overall AR function.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar Business major preferred, but not required
- 4+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Construction industry experience is a plus, especially Order to Cash cycle
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Experience operating in an ERP system required
- Display effective interpersonal skills with all levels of employee
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills and commitment to quality, accuracy, and problem-solving
- Team-oriented with ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional and positive manner
- Strong Communication (verbal and written) & Interpersonal Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.