Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive
trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our
dedication to high quality work. We are seeking an exceptional Accounting professional to
join our team as a Division Controller
Ideal candidates will use their passion for Accounting and Finance to provide the company
with superior management of financial processes and controls, using a consistent and
collaborative approach to meet business needs through accounting competencies. The
Division Controller will be responsible for overseeing all Accounting activities for the
assigned division and will provide financial close governance support and monitoring of the
Divisions for the executive team, to facilitate key business decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contributing to the development of Accounting strategy and policy, including design,
- interpretation and communication of accounting policies and practices
- Reviewing complex transaction activity for application of technical accounting rules
- Facilitating internal and external financial audits
- Provide divisional management team with financial support, while always maintaining objectivity and independence
- Developing talented Accounting teams, efficient systems and processes, and a
- continuous improvement culture
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, seeking out and communicating ideas for
- improving division financial and operational performance
- Improving efficiency through IT system integrations and shared services
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, with a preference in
- Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent a plus, but not required
- 10+ years of professional work experience in an Accounting or Finance function
- Relevant experience at a public Company required, with solid understanding of SOX
- and SEC compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling effective communication with
- all levels of management
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in the use of ERP software and intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Honesty & Integrity
- Entrepreneurial Spirit & Disciplined Operating Framework
- Safety & Passion
- Respect & Profitability
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.