CDI is a certified Woman Business Enterprise that focuses on building stronger communities across each of our marketplaces. To reflect this commitment, all full-time team members receive eight hours of volunteer time off per year. Our six service lines (Infrastructure + Analytics, Site, Structures, Survey, Transportation, and Water Resources) collaborate to leverage each other’s knowledge and expertise, implementing quality control measures, enabling unique solutions, and ultimately ensuring optimal project outcomes for our clients. With over 25 years in business, CDI has grown to four office locations in Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO, with an office in Collinsville, IL set to open in early 2023.
What to Expect
Our Structures team is growing! Each of our 12 team members routinely collaborates with other services and offices, reinforcing our strong family-oriented culture. Additionally, CDI aims to find projects that resonate with each team member. Recent projects, both large and small, that have strongly impacted our community include:
- Champ Clark Bridge: https://www.modot.org/new-champ-clark-bridge
- I-270 North Design/Build: http://www.i270north.org/
- Buck O’Neil: https://www.modot.org/buck-oneil-bridge-design-build-project
- Effingham Police Station: https://www.civildesigninc.com/project/effingham-police-station/
CDI respects our team and aspires to best utilize each team member’s personal and professional talents. CDI values a family-first culture and encourages flexible scheduling to help each team member reach their ideal work-life balance.
- In this role, the Structural Engineer will be an integral part of our Structures Group designing various structure types, as well as support our transportation and site development Groups with their design needs.
- Strong knowledge of building materials (Steel, Concrete, Masonry, Wood), construction methods, structural inspections, construction document preparation.
- Analyze and design transportation related & building structures including bridges, culverts, retaining walls, foundations, new buildings & building retrofits.
- Eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
- Work collaboratively with the CDI Group Leaders, Project Engineers and other team members to develop effective solutions.
- Ensures compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Missouri, Illinois or Kentucky EI, or ability to obtain is highly preferred.
- Bridge and/or Building Structural design experience a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation
- 0-10 years’ experience
- Department of Transportation structures experience (bridges and walls) (MoDOT, IDOT or KYTC) preferred.
- Proficient with structural analysis and design software (Revit experience is a plus).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have Authorization to work in the United States
- Continuous Learning and Growth - We believe individual potential should never be underestimated and we have the courage to challenge each other in productive ways.
- Mutual Trust and Respect - We aspire to create an environment that provides professional freedom focused on trust and respect.
- Ownership - We believe that commitment, driven by personal initiative, is the best way to serve our company, clients and community.
- Responsiveness - We believe that exceptional service means quickly responding to the needs of others.