What makes CDI unique?
CDI is a certified Woman Business Enterprise that focuses on building stronger communities across each of our marketplaces. To reflect this commitment, all full-time team members receive eight hours of volunteer time off per year. Our six service lines (Infrastructure + Analytics, Site, Structures, Survey, Transportation, and Water Resources) collaborate to leverage each other’s knowledge and expertise, implementing quality control measures, enabling unique solutions, and ultimately ensuring optimal project outcomes for our clients. With over 25 years in business, CDI has grown to four office locations in Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO, with an office in Collinsville, IL set to open in early 2023.
What to Expect
Our Structures team is growing! Each of our 12 team members routinely collaborates with other services and offices, reinforcing our strong family-oriented culture. Additionally, CDI aims to find projects that resonate with each team member. Recent projects, both large and small, that have strongly impacted our community include:
- Champ Clark Bridge: https://www.modot.org/new-champ-clark-bridge
- I-270 North Design/Build: http://www.i270north.org/
- Buck O’Neil: https://www.modot.org/buck-oneil-bridge-design-build-project
- Effingham Police Station: https://www.civildesigninc.com/project/effingham-police-station/
CDI respects our team and aspires to best utilize each team member’s personal and professional talents. CDI values a family-first culture and encourages flexible scheduling to help each team member reach their ideal work-life balance.
The Structural Project Manager will be an integral part of our Structures/Bridge Group, leading team members who design various bridges and structures, and supporting our transportation and site development groups with their design needs.
Responsibilities will include:
· Managing structural engineering projects by creating scope and budgets, directing the design, and coordinating work with other staff and design team members.
· Signing/sealing work as required.
· Analyzing and designing transportation-related structures including bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and sign structure foundations.
· Serving as a key point of contact with clients, contractors, and local officials.
· Displaying an eagerness to work on a wide variety of project types.
· Assisting in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
· Working collaboratively with the CDI Service Leader, Project Engineers, and other team members to develop effective solutions.
· Ensuring compliance with CDI’s safety procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
· Master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (a plus but not required).
· Licensed Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Missouri Professional Engineer (PE).
· Bridge design experience.
· Proficient with MicroStation and/or Autocad.
· Department of Transportation structural experience (bridges and walls; MoDOT, IDOT, or KYTC).
· Highly proficient with structural analysis and design software.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of bridge construction materials (Steel, Cast-in-Place Concrete, Precast Prestressed Concrete), construction methods, structural inspections, and construction document preparation.