Commander, Naval Surface Forces Pacific N7 Department and Afloat Training Group Pacific are responsible for the training and certification of all ships in the Pacific Fleet. ATGPAC is the Immediate Superior In Command (ISIC) for the following commands: Afloat Training Group San Diego (ATG SD) and Engineering Assessments Pacific (EAP) (located in San Diego, CA); Afloat Training Group Middle Pacific (ATG MIDPAC)(located in Pearl Harbor, HI); Afloat Training Group Western Pacific (ATG WESTPAC)(located in Yokosuka, Japan); Afloat Training Group Western Pacific Detachment Sasebo (ATG WESTPAC DET SASEBO)(located in Sasebo, Japan); and Afloat Training Group Pacific Northwest (ATG PACNW)(located in Everett, WA). Training standards and requirements are continually evolving and expanding, requiring increased manpower and flexibility. There is a substantial requirement Prevailance support to improve reliability and productivity of Commander, Naval Surface Force Pacific and Afloat Training Group Pacific in San Diego to include training standards development and analysis, monitoring, analyzing and tracking ships in training, departmental executive support, scheduling and conflict management, quality assurance, data analysis, Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) training requirements generation and certification, program management, mission area certification and information technology. Our team will provide draft/recommendations for improving CNSP/ATGPAC training standards. We will also provide program quality control, data analysis, systems administration, and perform actual training. Contractor will identify goals and objectives focusing on best business practices and technical expertise necessary to have a trained, ready fleet for immediate deployment.
- Provides solutions for all ADP and Information Technology (IT) issues to include policy development and compliance, documenting IT resources (hardware and software), command liaison with NMCI for ATGPAC, EAP and ATGSD located in building 58, 127 and 3137.
- Provides oversight of ADP programs, ensuring compliance with higher authority policies and guidance and submits a report to the command of any policy violations for the government for action.
- Monitors and tracks Electronic Spillage incidents and submits a report to the command indicating any corrective procedures that the command should take as well as security actions in accordance with DoD and DoN directives.
- Conduct data entry for all planned information technology expenditures through the Navy Information Dominance Approval System (NAV-IDAS) utilizing the IT Procurement Request (ITPR).
- Perform Information Assurance functions to establish and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) for simulation systems in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and work with other Government and Contractor entities to attain ATOs, Interim ATOs (IATO), Platform Information Technology (PIT), PIT Risk Assessments (PRAs) and PIT designations for all
- Ensure that the conditions of any ATO, IATO, or IATT are understood and met on time.
- Ensure Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) are updated and submitted on the necessary periodicity as defined by the accrediting authorities.
- Perform simulation systems Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain records of Information Assurance activities for simulation systems.
- Implement and maintain protective measures within the simulation systems to establish and maintain compliance with IA requirements.
- Collaborate with associated simulation system developers to ensure computer program designs and implementations are compliant with applicable IA requirements for simulation systems.
- Oversee Annual and Quarterly Review requirements for Assessment and Authorization (A&A), including DoN Application and Database Management System (DADMS), Department of Defense Information Technology Portfolio (DITPR), and other accountability requirements as applicable.
- Perform incident response and initiate protective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered and ensure that a process is in place for authorized users to report all cybersecurity related events and potential threats and vulnerabilities to the ISSO, and coordinate with the Corporate Lead ISSO and ISSM.
- Assess system modifications for cybersecurity impacts, and draft information technology procurement documentation as it pertains to ensuring environments can obtain and maintain proper Authorities to Operate.
- Provide documents for inspections, including local spot checks, Inspector General (IGs) Inspections, Cyber Security Inspections (CSIs), Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs) and the like.
- Report status of all Multi-Functional Devices and monthly check the operation of all devices.
- Maintain an accurate list of all ATG command email addresses and put the addresses in the correct work codes.
Must have 5 years of technical management as a Naval Officer or Chief Petty Officer or equivalent supervising Information Technology systems, configuration, operation, and maintenance.
Personnel performing Cyber Security functions on DoD systems must meet the qualification requirements established in the DoD 8570.01-M, or successor and follow-on guidance for the category and function level in which they are performing. Systems Administrators require a DoD 8570.01-M, or successor Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification or equivalent; when performing as an Information Assurance Officer or Information Systems Security Officer, an IAM Level II certification or equivalent per DoD 8570.01, or successor must be held and maintained.
Experience in the following:
- 15 years managing information technology for Navy operations
- 5 years Move, Add and Change of existing Navy enterprise network services through NMCI and NGEN The use Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Authority to Operate (ATO) process
- Experience managing ADP assets including inventory management
- Experience with Move, Add and Change process for Navy enterprise network services through NMCI and NGEN
- Experience drafting and managing Information Technology Procurement Requests (ITPRs)
- Navy ADP management programs
- The process to obtain an Authority to Operate (ATO)
Bachelor’s Degree (No specific discipline)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’ s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. At present the Government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced. Once the enforcement date is set, prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.