As our Internal Audit Manager, you will need to roll up your sleeves and assist with internal auditing tasks, including completion of the various internal audit procedures, completing and / or reviewing the planning of the individual audit areas, supervising staff, maintaining adequate documentation of work performed, communicating audit testing results to the appropriate personnel, and reviewing audit work completed by the audit staff.
In one year as our Internal Audit Manager, you will know you were successful if you…
- Perform and / or review financial and operational audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Complete and / or review the planning of audit engagements.
- Assist in the supervision of Audit Staff.
- Coordinate new staff training.
- Assist with the drafting of required reports.
- Review Bancorp’s practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to the appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial or operational findings noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Department.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding industry’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in a related auditing position preferred.
- Experience in banking or a financial services industry background is preferred.
- Must be able to travel to branches and/or the corporate office as needed.
- CPA or other designation required
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.