SK&A is seeking a personable, team-focused, highly motivated, and results-oriented individual to join our highly regarded Structural Design team. The ideal candidate should be excited to work in a fast-paced environment where client successes and our employee’s career development are most important. As part of the SK&A family, engineers work closely with project engineers, project managers, Principals, and other key team members – owner/owner’s rep, architect and MEP consultants - to deliver sound, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions. You will have exposure to all aspects and phases of the projects from the onset.
SK&A offers structural engineering services, with offices in Potomac, Maryland and Washington, DC. SK&A provides a full spectrum of services for public and private sector clients with a strong focus on sustainability, including analysis and design of new buildings, renovation and repair of existing structures, and specialized services such as dynamic analysis for wind and seismic design as well as security and force protection issues.
Our firm’s extensive award-winning portfolio is comprised of projects within urban environments ranging from multi-story commercial, office and mixed-use buildings to residential, academic, retail, healthcare, and government facilities. Over SK&A’s 60-year history, our organization has met the demands of large and complex projects. We distinguish ourselves by our reputation for long-term client relationships, built on an understanding of and total commitment to achieving our clients’ goals.
The Structural Engineer responsibilities include:
- Assist Project Managers and Principals with design of structural systems for commercial, institutional, and multi-family residential buildings
- Prepare design calculations, specifications, and analysis of new structures
- Develop structural plans, details, and sections for construction drawings using various structural engineering software programs including Revit, RamConcept, AutoCAD, etc.
- Prepare project specifications.
- Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional specialized structural inspections.
- Interact with outside architectural teams to discuss any issues that may arise during design and construction.
- Bachelor of Science with concentration in Structural Engineering. MS preferred.
- 0-5 years’ experience in structural engineering consulting and design with mid to large commercial and multi-family housing projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with Building Information Modeling using Revit Structure
- Able to build rapport with clients, co-workers, and sub-contractors