BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Analyst of Sustainable Solar Development to support our industry-leading excellence in project development, sustainability and operations. Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Solar Development and working closely with site acquisition, development, construction and operations teams, this position integrates information and workflows across disciplines to optimize sustainable design and operations with a focus on agrivoltaics, floatovoltaics and conservation-focused solar development.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the renewable energy industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Performing sustainability analysis for solar development projects throughout the development lifecycle
- Implementing and tracking sustainability processes and metrics in Salesforce and project schedules
- Assisting with continuous improvement of BlueWave sustainable development standards
- Maintaining project tracking for dual use projects to coordinate internal teams, external contractors and regulatory authorities
- Monitoring and providing reporting on sustainability of construction-phase and operational facilities, including agricultural and conservation stewardship
- Coordinating with external contractors to maintain compliance records for agricultural and conservation activities
- Participating in site visits as well as landowner, regulatory and permitting meetings to ensure compliance with sustainability practices while supporting BlueWave’s leadership in sustainable solar development
- Identifying opportunities to improve BlueWave’s ESG performance by implementing conservation strategies, bolstering market specific social impacts and improving community integration
- Continuously analyzing development practices and identifying areas with opportunities to improve
- Developing and designing processes and workflows necessary to implement sustainability initiatives to optimize efficiency and improve reportability
- Identifying funding opportunities, preparing applications and securing funding for innovative showcase projects
- Informing new market policy strategy around dual-use through robust analysis
- Identifying new market opportunities to expand BlueWave’s sustainable development strategies
- Direct experience in agricultural and/or conservation-focused land management (relevant academic training may be substituted in combination with other qualifications)
- Proficiency with the total Microsoft Office suite
- Interdisciplinary self-starter that can get up to speed quickly
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts (ecological and agrivoltaic system dynamics, tax rules, energy policy, financial structures, etc.)
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel to sites in the MA, NY, PA & NJ market areas
- Academic training in agricultural/conservation-related fields
- Prior experience in solar development and/or solar energy systems
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Possiblility of being remote if based in NY or PA, with understanding that there would be a 4 day per month in person requirement in Boston headquarters
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.