Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement, and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
Artisan Design Group (ADG) is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join the Enterprise Data Governance Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Data Architecture: Will design and build a Data Warehouse, databases, datamarts for storage, reporting and analytics. Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery.
- Data Catalog: Develop and maintain a formal description of the data and data structures including the data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, and technical metadata.
- Data Governance: Provide governance oversight to ensure adherence to information architecture strategy, principles, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Data Modeling: Analyze and define data requirements to design appropriate data models and structures. Collaborate with developers to create, integrate, and optimize data models.
- Data Profiling: Generate and analyze descriptive statistics of new and existing data sources to evaluate their quality.
- Build and own a portfolio of policies, procedures, and best practices to provide operational and data disciplines to evolving quality, protection & security technologies.
- Collaborate on multiple cross-functional projects, prioritize work effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, sophisticated environment.
- Deliver impactful scalable, flexible, and efficient data solutions that conform to architectural designs and ADG’s technology strategy
- Evaluate new technologies and market trends through research and POCs to improve and innovate on data quality
- Own and continuously optimize tools, process, and capabilities to support operational activities
- Propose and review architecture deliverables throughout the development process to ensure quality, security, and traceability aligned with enterprise data strategy.
- Provide hands-on technical and execution leadership for engineering teams.
- Research and maintain knowledge in emerging data technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Software Development: Approximately 20% of your time will be spent doing hands-on software development for proofs of concept or production-ready code.
- Will oversee the Data Lake within Snowflake.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Architecture, Data Catalog, & Data Modeling
- 5+years of experience with building Data Warehousing & Data Engineering
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Quality, & Data Security controls
- Expert experience with SQL
- Strong Snowflake experience
- Strong Communication Skills; both written & verbal
- Strong technology background in two or more database technologies – Relational (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), NoSQL, Cloud Databases (Snowflake, etc.)
- Knowledge of Data Modeling Principles and solid understanding of database internals
- Experience with building ETL workflows and data-driven solutions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.