GENERAL PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION
This is an entry-to-mid-level, hybrid Geographical Information System (GIS) Technician and Graphic Designer position. This candidate should be enthusiastic about telling Dawood’s story using Esri web applications in a fast-paced team environment. This candidate will split their time between project and graphics work. Responsibilities range from data creation, data integrity, web application development, and map production to creating graphics and web applications. Software skills include, but are not limited to, ArcGIS StoryMaps, ArcGIS Experience Builder, and ArcGIS HUB. Experience working within Esri’s ArcGIS Online environment and the Adobe creative suite.
This candidate should have experience working within the utilities, energy, and oil and gas markets or within the AEC industry is a bonus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Company reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
1. Produce custom GIS deliverables adhering to client, industry, and agency specifications and data schemas.
2. Geodatabase design, construction, and maintenance following data management and quality processes.
3. Coordinate the transfer of data between GIS and AutoCAD and provide data quality control.
4. Design, create, update, and maintain ArcGIS Online web applications including Story Maps, Instant Apps, Web App Builder Applications, Operations Dashboards, field mobility tools, and webhooks.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project teams across multiple offices and departments within a variety of industries including survey, energy, transportation, environmental, geotechnical, and engineering with a focus on asset management solutions.
6. Produce map products, including interactive web maps, story maps, high-resolution graphic products to clearly communicate engineering and technology topics to different audiences.
7. Responsible for creating Story Maps and crafting marketing campaigns using GIS and visualization technologies.
8. Provide ongoing support and content development for technology-focused Esri HUB Sites.
9. Custom graphic creation using Adobe Creative Cloud.
10. Custom web development using CSS and HTML.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Fundamental understanding of geospatial concepts and methodologies including coordinate systems, georeferencing, digitization, domains, etc.
2. Demonstrated ability to work within ArcGIS Online: ArcGIS Story Maps, ArcGIS HUB, ArcGIS Experience Builder, WebApp Builder, and ArcGIS Dashboards.
3. Strong writing skills to be used for documenting workflows, writing final reports to clients, and producing marketing materials.
4. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, CSS, and HTML.
5. Self-motivated, detail-oriented employee driven to grow within the technologies department.
6. GISP certification is a plus but is not required.