This individual is the hub of all Technology product procurement with both the Company’s manufacturing relationships and its internal ERP system. This individual is also a key point of contact for client interaction in the pre and post sales phase of the project. They will Provide support to Tech sales personnel from proposal creation, through order entry, procurement & tracking, and closeout & punch. Interfacing with different software systems, communication and the ability to multi-task are qualities that are necessary to be successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Project Coordination & Tech Sales Support Specific Responsibilities:
- Assists Tech sales/project personnel in pricing, product research and technical order information (C.O.M. requirements, custom requirements, etc.).
- Client Proposals and RFP Responses.
- Assist sales with project discounting in furniture specification software.
- Assist sales with PowerPoint proposals with product photos, layouts, product details and renderings.
- Aid sales and design on RFP responses necessary to meet timelines.
- Proactively manages & develops day-to-day relationships with assigned clients.
- Able to manage basic client issue resolution with minimal support.
- Initiate client conversations for projects as needed per Account Executive. Communications could include the following:
- Receive customer requests, manage customer expectations and communicate/delegate to internal teams.
- Clearly communicate iSpace deliverables, customer requirements and timeline needs to ensure iSpace is positioned to execute a successful project.
- Obtain customer decisions, feedback, and approvals in support of project timelines.
- Signed proposals and Signed Scope of Work.
- Responsible for procurement and order management from start to finish.
- Reviews and proofs order for basic information (ship to, bill to, contract number, etc.), accuracy and completeness.
- Places orders with manufacturers and ERP system; sends purchase orders to manufacturers.
- Checks acknowledgments against order; resolves discrepancies with factory; sends acknowledgment to customer; verifies ship date with customer.
- Populate ERP system with tracking information for each project. Communicate tracking to PM and account manger as needed.
- Manages handoff of workbook and supporting documents from project inception to completion.
- Main point of contact with the customer throughout the post-sales process when no Project Manager is assigned.
- Main point of contact with the vendor throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Ensures all documentation is collected and filed appropriately prior to order placement.
- Reviews receiving information from field operation and matches to order; resolves discrepancies before approval and sending to payables; enters receiving information into sales order system.
- Processes any change orders to projects.
- Assemble & prepare workbook and work orders.
- Handle project close out and punch process.
- Processes returns to vendors or warehouse as needed.
- Completes warranty and punch list claims & orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate project costing of internal and external costs.
- Reviews project costs and margin management with project manager and accounting.
- Works with project manager and account manager to alert accounting of project completion and final invoice submission. Verifies invoice amounts and balance to customer’s P.O.
- Send final customer communication with customer connect survey.
- Utilizes error coding for margin erosion tracking.
- Schedules punch installations with Field Services Manager.
- Assist in month-end financial duties related to ongoing projects.
- Monthly project audit reports to annuity clients.
- Tasks as assigned by project managers and accounting manager as needed.
2. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Core Values and Brand
- We are EXPERTS: We provide well thought out solutions to support our client’s business needs.
- We are RESOURCEFUL: We will find ways to get it done and make it look easy.
- We VALUE all PARTNERSHIPS: Our partners are not viewed as transactions, but friends. We support each other and celebrate in each other’s successes.
- We believe in TEAMWORK: All of us together are better than each of us alone.
- We have FUN: Having fun is part of our work experience. We bring our culture to life by enjoying ourselves and each other.
3. Other duties as needed to meet business needs
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to coworkers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma required; 4 yr. degree preferred or a minimum of three years of experience in client or vendor relationship management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Management, or related field; or a combination of both.
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Strong computer software skills
- Strong resource management and organization skills
- Influential with the ability to implement change
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to others’ ideas
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Desire and ability to hold self and others accountable for operating according to iSpace core values in every interaction: striving to be the best, genuine, an authority, a visionary, tenacious and always be positive
- Strong decision-making skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
iSPACE environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.