Job Title: Human Resources Director Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt Travel: Limited
Reports to: S&G President Location: Nicholasville, KY
The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. With trusted brands such as Sargent & Greenleaf, Delaney Hardware, Premier Steel Doors & Frames and MegaMet Industries, we can provide businesses and consumers high-security safe locks and locking systems, high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
The Human Resources Director provides Senior-level leadership and guidance for the HR organization. The Director is responsible for setting and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. The position will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. Additionally, the role includes oversight of the daily operations of two facilities located in KY and GA and oversight for nine international associates.
· Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals.
· Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal and employee incentive programs.
· Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
· Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management
· Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget and budget for the human resources department.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
· Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Oversees EHS requirements in the facilities.
· Strong Leadership skills
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
· Strong communication skills
· EHS knowledge
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
· SHRM or SHRM-SCP
10+ years of experience