The Interior Designer has responsibility for project design and documentation from concept design through construction documentation and administration.
This is a full-time position that will support the Design Studio, working primarily in the office.
- Participate in all project phases including survey, schematic design, conceptual design, design presentation, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration
- Participate in and foster a dynamic, creative, and collaborative studio environment that develops innovative design solutions
- Participate in workplace strategy workshops and generate program documents
- Participate in development of space planning concepts, conceptual design, and design development
- Participate in the development of graphic presentations, communication of design concepts, and client design presentations
- Select finishes/material palettes; conduct relevant product research and generate specifications as required
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, fabricators, and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Work with project lead to process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
- Attend Owner/Client project meetings and participate in presentations or other project-related activities when required
- Collaborate with Preconstruction and Project Delivery teams to ensure design concepts are maintained while ensuring constructability and project budgets are achieved
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines listed in policies, procedures, and handbooks
- Carry out any task requested that is legal, moral, and in the company’s best interest
- Represent the firm in a professional manner consistent with firm values and culture
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design
- 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3DSMax/Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
- Demonstrate ability to provide analytical thinking and creative problem solving
- Pursuit of NCIDQ Certification preferred
- Pursuit of LEED, Fitwel, RELi, Well Building Standard or similar certification preferred
Formcraft is a Philadelphia based organization that sets the standard for workplace environments by consolidating design, architecture, and construction under one roof. We are ‘different by design’. Our purpose at Formcraft is working with leaders of great organizations to create exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their company culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client. We believe our commitment to this culture is critical to the collective success of Formcraft.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Be a great team player
- Do great work
- Be passionate and positive
- Put customers first
- Be professional
- Be humble yet confident
If this position sounds exciting to you and you believe you would be a good fit for our firm culture, we would love to have you join our team!