This position is a full-time position that will support the Construction department, working primarily on job sites and in the office.
The Assistant Project Manager will support the Construction Project Managers and Preconstruction Project Managers (as needed) on a daily basis. The role is designed to manage tasks that are essential to project success while allowing Formcraft PM’s to focus on high level responsibilities that will mitigate risk and increase profit. A successful Assistant Project Manager will be organized and capable of multitasking. Responsibilities will include tasks with varying levels of time commitment and difficulty. Critical thinking and time management skills are a must. The Assistant Project Manager will be integral in increasing the capacity and growth of the organization by supporting key roles. It is a position with career advancement potential.
- Review and understand design/engineering drawings
- Facilitate the Permitting Process
- Manage Project Submittals - review submittals where possible & facilitate design & engineering reviews to ensure on-time turnarounds
- Assist with Project Procurement - facilitate, track, and expedite equipment & material orders
- Construction Request for Information (RFI) Management
- Perform field visits, surveys, walkthroughs
- Assist with project closeout & assembly of closeout documents
- Manage & create department procedures & processes
- Support departmental meetings by keeping record of tasks, agendas, and other meeting materials
- Build an understanding of the Formcraft Process in an effort to move into a Project Manager role
- Education- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, preferred. Other relevant or equivalent education and/or job experience will be considered as well.
- Experience- 1-3 Years in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture is preferred
- Software Skills- proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel required; knowledge/experience with project management software (i.e. Procore, Building Connected, Spectrum, Viewpoint, Etc.) preferred
- Certifications- OSHA 30 Hour and CPR First Aid Certification, or willingness to complete both
Formcraft is a Philadelphia based organization that sets the standard for workplace environments by consolidating design, architecture, and construction under one roof. We are ‘different by design’. Our purpose at Formcraft is working with leaders of great organizations creating exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client. We believe our commitment to this culture is critical to the collective success of Formcraft.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Be a great team player
- Do great work
- Be passionate and positive
- Put customers first
- Be professional
- Be humble yet confident
This is an excellent opportunity to gain familiarity with Preconstruction and Construction processes and advance the skills needed to excel in a Construction Management firm.