This position is a full-time position that will support the Construction department, working primarily on job sites.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for the supervision and completion of project field work through direct site supervision of subcontractors, regular site visits and inspections. The field work is expected to be completed in accordance with the project specs/drawings and within the established project schedule. The Project Superintendent will ensure the site is clean and orderly and work is being performed in safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Ensure the site is clean, orderly and hazard free
- Communicate any errors or discrepancies on project design documents to the Formcraft PM (RFIs)
- Identify & coordinate with Formcraft PM on issuance and resolution of Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Ensure communication, minimum of once daily, of the project status with Formcraft PM
- Monitor and direct project field progress against established project schedule
- Ensure completion of field work is in compliance with design documents and applicable codes
- Ensure onsite project design documents are the latest revision and up to date with field redlines
- Schedule and confirm work dates with subcontractors in compliance and support of project completion schedule
- Monitor quality of work through frequent site walkdowns
- Monitor subcontractor field staffing levels, request adjustments as needed
- Document work quality issues and proactively resolve with subcontractors
- Conduct a weekly site subcontractor meeting as required
- Resolve field scope conflicts with subcontractors
- Coordinate delivery, receipt, and inspection of material /equipment to the site
- Be aware of and coordinate site inspections by 3rd parties (local authorities having jurisdiction, code inspections, fire marshal, etc))
- Coordinate required site inspections and/or testing by subs or vendors
- Maintain and document a project punchlist throughout entire project
- Education- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, preferred. Other relevant or equivalent education and/or job experience will be considered as well.
- Experience- 5 Years in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture required
- Software Skills- proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel required; knowledge/experience with project management software (i.e. Procore, Building Connected, Spectrum, Viewpoint, Etc.) preferred
- Certifications- OSHA 30 Hour and CPR First Aid Certification, or willingness to complete both
Formcraft is a Philadelphia based organization that sets the standard for workplace environments by consolidating design, architecture, and construction under one roof. We are ‘different by design’. Our purpose at Formcraft is working with leaders of great organizations creating exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client. We believe our commitment to this culture is critical to the collective success of Formcraft.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Be a great team player
- Do great work
- Be passionate and positive
- Put customers first
- Be professional
- Be humble yet confident
If this position sounds exciting to you and believe you would be a good fit for our team culture, we would love to have you on our team!