This position is a full-time position that will support the Preconstruction department, working primarily in the office. The primary purpose of the job is to manage the preconstruction process in support of the company’s business objectives; to analyze project scope, manage execution of the design process, and progressively budgeting the cost of construction for each project as design is being developed. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a customer service approach are essential.
- Responsible to be the main point of client contact throughout the design and preconstruction phases of projects, so must have the ability to establish and maintain high level of interaction with Client
- Create, maintain and manage project roadmap/schedules during the design and preconstruction phase of projects
- Coordinate and assure that a preliminary construction schedule has been developed for each project
- Responsible for client management, to ensure that client deadlines and milestones are achieved.
- Preparation of meeting minutes for all client meetings
- Management of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control process
- Managing coordination of construction and MEP documents with design intent & technical quality
- Manage coordination of MEP scope with engineers, to ensure scope and budget alignment
- Plan and lead the preconstruction strategy meeting on the approach to the project
- Assure that potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management
- Organize and lead the transition/internal handoff meeting between the design/preconstruction team and the construction team
- Responsible for the financial results of individual projects and achieving GP targets
- Preparation of Final Contract Exhibits with client
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Associate degree, civil or construction engineering technology
- College Diploma, civil or construction engineering technology
- Must be knowledgeable in construction management processes, including estimating, bidding, purchasing, and design/construction technology
- Thorough understanding of Architectural and MEP drawings
- Strong knowledge of the design process
- Thorough understanding of building construction
- Candidates must be team oriented with a passion for mentoring and teaching
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and structures
- Outstanding knowledge of construction means and methods
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure meeting project schedules and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with smartsheet is a benefit
- Experience with Building Connected, On-screen take-off and Bluebeam is a plus.
Formcraft is a Philadelphia based organization that sets the standard for workplace environments by consolidating design, architecture, and construction under one roof. We are ‘different by design’. Our purpose at Formcraft is working with leaders of great organizations creating exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client. We believe our commitment to this culture is critical to the collective success of Formcraft.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Be a great team player
- Do great work
- Be passionate and positive
- Put customers first
- Be professional
- Be humble yet confident
If this position sounds exciting to you and believe you would be a good fit for our team culture, we would love to have you on our team!