This position is a full-time position that will support the Preconstruction department, working primarily in the office.
The Project Engineer will primarily support the and Preconstruction Project Managers and estimator on a daily basis. The role is designed to manage tasks that are essential to project success while allowing Formcraft Precon PM’s to focus on high level responsibilities that will mitigate risk and increase profit. A successful Project Engineer will be organized and capable of multitasking. Responsibilities will include tasks with varying levels of time commitment and difficulty. Critical thinking and time management skills are a must. The Project Engineer will be integral in increasing the capacity and growth of the organization by supporting key roles. It is a position with career advancement potential.
- Review and understanding of design/engineering drawings
- Support the preconstruction team with identifying permit, code and zoning requirements on each project
- Support estimator with creation & management of Bid Packages
- Subcontractor Follow-Up & Bid Leveling Preparation
- Maintain Template Bidders Lists
- Finalize Meeting Minutes & Issue to the Appropriate Stakeholders
- Drawing Organization. Manage Electronic Drawing Sets. Print Drawings as Needed for Drawing Reviews, Permit Issuance, & Field Coordination.
- Assist with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Coordination
- Preparation and updating of project procurement plans, prior to construction start
- Preparation of 3 week look ahead for every project
- Education- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Other relevant or equivalent education and/or job experience will be considered as well.
- Experience- 1-3 Years in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture is ideal
- Software- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel, and experience with project management software (i.e. Procore, Building Connected, Spectrum, Viewpoint, Etc.)
FORMCRAFT is a Philadelphia based organization that sets the standard for workplace environments by consolidating design, architecture, and construction under one roof. We are ‘different by design’. Our purpose at Formcraft is working with leaders of great organizations creating exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client. We believe our commitment to this culture is critical to the collective success of Formcraft.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Be a great team player
- Do great work
- Be passionate and positive
- Put customers first
- Be professional
- Be humble yet confident
If this position sounds exciting to you and believe you would be a good fit for our team culture, we would love to have you on our team!