Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLPOYEES
At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
As a condition of employment we ask that you attest that you have been vaccinated for Covid-19 unless you have a medical or sincerely held religious belief that exempts you from getting vaccinated.
The Business Systems Analyst will work under the Operations Analyst/ERP Project Manager to determine which business processes need optimization and support all aspects of our Manufacturing business systems. You will work with user groups, functional managers, development teams, and project teams to identify design enhancements and systems configuration opportunities, and to improve the utilization. You will assist in solving organizational information problems by analyzing requirements and recommending system controls and protocols.
- Assist with implementation of ERP software to ensure seamless integration with operations and existing IT systems
- Support functional aspects and maintenance of custom components of operation manufacturing modules.
- Assist other team members by performing technical development work related to operational modules.
- Provide routine production support through business solutions.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Consult with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures.
- Perform diagnostic tests and resolving issues to optimize system performance
- Ensure integrity, efficiency, and timeliness of data inputs
- Assist Operations Analyst on report requests (within ERP as well as using Power BI)
- Troubleshoot and resolve process issues and system errors after systems implementations.
- Monitor alerts to proactively manage any critical functions before failure.
- Work with third party data sources to design automated integration into the ERP.
- Coordinate with business users and external vendors / partners to manage and maintain all IT related systems.
- Adhere to company policies and industry regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow up on all details of the job to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (specifically strong Excel capabilities) is required. Power BI is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics.
- Excellent internal and external customer service required.
- Comfortable in a deadline-driven, project-focused, and fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or similar preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience with ERP experience in manufacturing industry.
- Basic knowledge of business accounting.
- A background in business administration, project management, or a related field will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of ERP development tools, coding languages, and business processes.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, and communication abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
This job generally operates in an office; however, during ERP implementation and while troubleshooting, there may be times when the job will operate in a warehouse environment – including cold temperatures in refrigerated/freezer areas and containers. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED DAYS OF WORK
Full Time Position – 5 days a week (Monday - Friday)
Travel between both PRFC locations (Point Reyes Station and Petaluma) is expected on a weekly basis.
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone based on race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.