Director of Internal Audit
Charlotte, NC • Finance
Position Title: Director of Internal Audit
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Audits parishes, schools, and agencies for compliance with established diocesan financial policies, procedures and practices. Prepares detailed reports on findings and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Audits the accounting and financial practices and records of diocesan parishes, offices, schools and agencies to ensure compliance with diocesan policy.
- Conducts formal and informal workshops and informational meetings regarding diocesan financial policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides training and continuing education for parish, mission, school staff and financial councils.
- Assists the finance office with financial projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Serves as the liaison between parishes, missions, and schools with federal and state taxing authorities.
- Audits outside firms conducting business with the diocese as assigned by the CFO.
- Serves at backup for diocesan senior accountant positions.
- Serves as liaison with parish, mission, school banks and credit card vendors.
- Maintains database of parish, mission, and school financial information.
- Computes yearly assessments for parishes, missions, and schools.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA or MBA.
- Three years experience in accounting and auditing.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and tax related legislation, regulations and reporting procedures.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers, word processing, spreadsheet software and Windows.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: This position requires frequent travel, and some evening and weekend work.